question on thor bullets?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
ok guys over the summer i want to try some thor's in 300gr. but what i need to know short of makin a slug of my barrel (i dont know what its called when you make a cast of your bore) how can i determin what sive to order? in my gun ap pursuist lt a 300gr. .452 45 cal xtp with a harvester crush rib is snug and shoots perfect, non crush ribs are real snug and a fbp was way to tight. so how nad i determin what size to order? or should i buy one of the slug things and make a exact size of bore slug and measure from there? also was told like i said told i did not see it that the fbp came out they were tight in most guns but are ok now? anyone else have a idea on this? and also what about barns? its that its just gettin pricey for me to keep buyin stuff so i figure if i can eliminate say sabots i can over time get ahead maybe. cause i just cant bring myself to go back to a center fire rifle after using a muzzle loader!! i will keep my shotgun for quick thick places and drives but other than that my center fire days are done.

I've not ordered any, but I know he offers a sample pack containing one of each size. Might pay you to ask for that before ordering a bunch.

Interested in trying out the Thor bullet? Simply email or call Thor bullets and Request a Free Sizing sample.

This Sample comes with the following bullet sizes - .500" - .501" - .502" & .503" Diameter bullet. It is important that you start with the smallest Diameter Thor bullet & work your way up in Diameter size until you find the proper fitting Thor Bullet. This sample is free of charge.

All it takes is a Phone call or an Email.

Phone: (660) 244-5251
Email: [email protected]

Thor

Okay FG. What am I looking for in ordering that pack? I assume it is one of each? Am I looking to size based on loading or shotting? If shooting that opens a whole lot of doors on powders etc., One shot ain't gonna tell me much? If fit on loading, what should I look at? Sort of clueless on these sample packs and trying them ?? I do not want to waste the owners time and money to just have some!

From what I understand, the sample pack if for loading size. Take the breachplug out and slide one down the bore. If it loads too easily or slips through, try the next size. I believe it should take 20-30 lbs of pressure to load. Sit the butt of your rifle on a bath scale.

exactly what shooter said. It takes about 40lbs to get one seated in my Accura but only 20-25 to get it down my dads cabelas hawken, but in all fairness, his barrel has 2 different sizes inside of it :shock:

The sizing sample comes with one of each size .500-.501-.502-.503" Start with the smallest and see how it does, too loose? loaded up the next bigger size. You want light engraving on the bullet.

Latest posts

Back