Missed!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Not really a success story but after 12 sits and over 40 hours without seeing a single deer it was a success just seeing one.
I missed a small doe this evening. Walked to my stand on the crunchy snow, figured I have spooked everything within a mile. Only minutes later I spotted a deer feeding in the thick brush. I waited 40 minutes and took a 50 yard shot. I must have hit a branch. Oh well! I know it was a clean miss because she never even flinched, just kept feeding. I waited another 10 minutes but she never offered a clear shot. I blew a doe bleet to try to get her in the open but she bolted???? (didnt bolt after a gun shot???) I got down and checked to make sure it was a clean miss and it was.
Frank

congrats on at least seeing one. sorry for the freezer not being filled though

Deer act strange sometimes. Shooting into a thicket is hard at best. Just be glad it was a clean miss. Besides if all you saw was one doe.. maybe leaving her for seed is the best thing.

Went to the range today. 9" high and 3" right at 50 yards???? Dont know how that happened. I sighted it 3 weeks ago and it was dead on. It took a little while but the last 3 shots were touching. I think i'm ready now. We are in the middle of a snow storm right now (they are calling for 12") Well see what the morning brings.
Frank

Latest posts

Back