ok know what bullet but what sabot?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsefly

Reaction score
ok guys i'm gonna start out with the hornaday xtp .452 45 cal. but do i want to order havester sabots or havester crush rib sabots or mmp sabots? i' gonna order from cabelas unless you guys can tell me where else to get this stuff. ok so i'll wait to order till i hear from you guys on what sabots to get.

try Midsouth shooters web site and they will list all of the sabots that fit that bullet, plus i think they are cheaper than cabelas

I don't recall what rifle you are shooting, but I would start with the Harvester Black Crush Ribs, if I was just picking one.

My T/C Omega prefers them with the .452/300 grain XTP.

If you think the Crush Ribs load too easy and/or they are not accurate enough for you, I'd try the "regular" smooth black Harvesters next, or the MMP HPH24's. After that, a tighter sabot would be the HPH12 from MMP. I have found that if a .45 bullet is going to shoot well in my rifles it will like one of those four sabots. Sometimes there is no substitute for experimenting. JMO--good luck and have fun.

with sabots costing 6 dollars at most buy different ones and see what happens, thats what i did. i like the crush ribs easier to load and still accurate for hunting. i shoot out of a knight extreme which probably has a slightly bigger bore than some others. and the crush ribs still do excellent in my gun

Latest posts

Back