Better day with sabots

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frontier gander

Reaction score
Took the Omega outside this late evening " Nice'N cool out" And loaded 70g pyrodex P, 240g cheap shot with black sabot and then i switched to the Remington Kleanbore primers. #1 and #2 measured exactly 1" but Shot #3 went way the heck off. 3 1/4" away from shot #2.

No swabbing. I blew down the bore to dampen the fouling before i rammed home the sabot. Worked nice too.

3 shots with Winchester 777 primers were just horrible! Shots 1 and 2 measure 3 7/8" and from shot 2 to #3 measured 5 1/2 inches.

PRIMER PICKY!

My last shot i had a single 348 grain Powerbelt, that to was loaded with 70g pyrodex P and shot 3" low. A couple clicks to the left and about 6 up and I should have it close to being where i want it for 100 yards with the 348 Powerbelt.

The Powerbelts do well with both the kleanbore and the 777 primer.

Hope you can read the R and W's marked on the holes. R= Remington primer and W is Winchester 777 primer.
7-27-08240ch-348pb.jpg

Very interesting shoot there. I like the Winchester W209 primers.

ah yes the w209. Will write that down on my to get list. I Have to make a run into town on thursday or friday for supplies.

You know...I've never had a muzzleloader that was what I'd call "primer picky." I practically use either Winchester 209s OR CCI 209s and I always have and I usually can get really good accuracy no matter which I use...

Do you have any Pyrodex RS or Select? That's what I'd use for sabot shooting in a .50cal. 100-120gr RS or Select should do it...

Latest posts

Back