My Accura Arrived Early!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HunterB4

Reaction score
I ended up coming home Friday night to my new Accura setting there. It wasn't supposed to be here until Monday the 15th, so I was definately surprised to see it a couple of days early. After handling the gun and looking it over a little I wanted to see how the trigger felt. I can honestly say that I have never shot a ML or any gun for that matter with a trigger that has felt this nice. Now I've never shot some of the highend rifles but I have shot some of them with trigger work done to them and I have to say the Accura feels the best IMO. I cant wait to mount the scope on her and start shooting!

Can anybody tell me what the bore of the barrel on the Accuras tend to measure? Thanks.

I'm glad to hear that, I have one on the way from Cabelas and looking forward to shooting it.

Scott

HunterB4

You wrote, "Can anybody tell me what the bore of the barrel on the Accuras tend to measure? Thanks."

I can't tell you directly, but i can tell you this: I use crush rib sabot in my x7, and smooth Harvester sabot in my Accura. Hopefully this gives you an idea.

most likely will be in the .500" to .501"

i agree about the trigger and handling, its very comfortable and natural.

ronlaughlin said:
HunterB4

You wrote, "Can anybody tell me what the bore of the barrel on the Accuras tend to measure? Thanks."

I can't tell you directly, but i can tell you this: I use crush rib sabot in my x7, and smooth Harvester sabot in my Accura. Hopefully this gives you an idea.

I have had the same good luck with the Crushribs or Low Drags in my Ovation (tight bore) and my Accura likes the Harvester Smooths too. Its a 45 and my Ovation is a 50 though so...

IMO the Accura Bergara barrel is fairly forgiving and will shoot a fairly wide range of sabots well.

Congrats HunterB4, i really like the way mine feels too...very natural and great factory trigger.

Great feeling isn't it!! Mine arrived Monday. I have scope & mount ordered, both should be here early this week.

I am leaning towards shooting Barnes either TMZ or TEZ.

It is a great feeling gun all around. I took it over to my uncles earlier today and he ordered one in a black with the thumbhole about a half hour later. Lol.
Needless to say he feel in love with it too.

As far as bullets I plan on trying the TC shockwave superglides. Without looking at my notes I believe they mic'd at .504. They worked very well in my Genesis that had a bore size of .502. So hopefully the Accura has a bore size closer to the .501 measurement. I'm going to take it to work tomorrow and run a gauge pin down it to get an exact measurement.

I would love to try the Barnes, but I can't get myself to spend the 28 bucks for them when I can get almost double the amount of the shockwaves for the same price.

Horror stories? I'd like to hear please.
I could tell you some about the Hornady SST!

Also what is the difference between the Barnes TZ and TEZ bullets? Thanks.

I hear you on the price and i use a bullet based not only on the game but the total cost of the hunt.

When that one shot MUST do its job, a premium priced bullet is nothing. You bet if i pay for an out of state elk tag i will be using the best i have.

Hunting something that may decide to hunt me if its only injured...you bet

Long shots when a cheaper option wont give me a good kill at the reduced velocity or poor shot placement..yep again

Just hunting white tails in my area i use SSTs or 300gr+ FTXs in my 50cals unless ive seen signs of a really sweet buck in the area before the season.

My favorite is still the Barnes Original 300gr .458 semi spitzer and they are a bit of a PITA to find atm. Expander MZs are my second favorite until i try a better non lead option.

Latest posts

Back