Who shoots conicals in a T/C with QLA?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my triumph shot 370g maxi-balls quite well with 110g vol.777 2f....karl

Are the Apex's drilled and tapped for iron sights? I can only have iron sights or 1x here and I hate 1x scopes. Also I am hoping to hunt CO. in the next few years and you are only allowed irons there.
Another question: Does anybody know if the Savage rifles are legal in places like CO. as long as you fire BP. Are they any good?

Yes, the Apex has a mount hole (with filler screw installed) for both the front and rear iron sights. I would imagine their Durasight Fiber Optic Sights would mount properly.

RidgeRebel said:
Are the Apex's drilled and tapped for iron sights? I can only have iron sights or 1x here and I hate 1x scopes. Also I am hoping to hunt CO. in the next few years and you are only allowed irons there.
Another question: Does anybody know if the Savage rifles are legal in places like CO. as long as you fire BP. Are they any good?

If they change the seasons in 2011 like you said , you will not be the only one going to Colorado or Idaho . :wink: I am starting to thing the UDWR does not care about the muzzle loader hunters or their $$$ any more . :roll:

If they change the seasons in 2011 like you said , you will not be the only one going to Colorado or Idaho . :wink: I am starting to thing the UDWR does not care about the muzzle loader hunters or their $$$ any
more . :roll:[/quote]

Believe me they want our money but there are far more rifle hunters with more money that they would rather have happy. They know most people will still buy a tag no matter how hard the season is. They have changed the season to make it harder a bunch of times and tags still sell out. I hope they don't put the hunt between the rifle hunts but if they do I guess we'll adapt and when we figure out how to make it work they'll change it again.

UtahRob said:
toytruck said:
White Super 91 and the rest is history.

is that a .45 or a .50 cal ???

Both, actually started off with the .451 and have killed deer and one turkey now with both calibers. The QLA and 209 primers are overkill, IMO #11 caps are all thats needed! 8)

What are y'all going to do when those obsolete whites and knights have gone so far down the drain that you can not get parts?

Lee 9 said:
What are y'all going to do when those obsolete whites and knights have gone so far down the drain that you can not get parts?

They'll get an Accura of course :!:

Lee 9 said:

I got parts that will out last me and probably my sons. Have an extra breechplug for each rifle and two for the shotgun. Extra hammers too for just in case, but doubt if they will be needed in this century.... :lol:

toytruck said:
Lee 9 said:

I got parts that will out last me and probably my sons. Have an extra breechplug for each rifle and two for the shotgun. Extra hammers too for just in case, but doubt if they will be needed in this century.... :lol:

X2

Lee just trying to sneak in a slam - not that sneaky, funny or relevant. But he knows that.

I have all the spare parts I'll ever need for my Knight disc extreme. CVA and traditions may sell a lot of rifles, but they will never be of the same quality as a Knight!

Never say never. CVA is making a pretty good showing lately. Both the Accura and the Apex are fine rifles.

SteveB
Not really Steve, I really like a Knight had one for a long time. Never had a White but I have nothing against them. I would not buy a rifle of any company after they folded and I was jut trying to understand the reasoning behind buying a product that may not have support.
Personally and at the moment I am shooting a TC but if Knight started back up and came out with something I liked that could change in a minute. I have not heard they went bankrupt or any thing like it and if they were overstocked or just considered it smart to shut down while times are bad then they could come right back reorganized an with big surprises for the rest of the industry { I really would like that} any how if I was meaning to slam any company I would have to have a good reason like the shrapnel in my shoulder from a CVA but even that would not be fair because different people who do a lot better job of building guns own that company now.
I do apologize for not wording that better I did not mean to step on anyone's feelings. Lee

Back