new to muzzleloading

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maine_guy53

Reaction score
I have a cva wolf and took it to a muzzleloading shop near me. He shot it for the first time and he used a light charge and it grouped well . sighted it in and then shot 100 grain triple 7 pellets with 245 grain power belts. this is my first time to shoot a muzzleloader. what a blast to shoot. had a good grouping of shots.

Pete

A lot of people who have those Wolf claim they shoot real well. I guess you are just one more example of how well they can shoot. Good luck with your rifle. Sounds like you have a good load.

Great little ML you have there, I have one too. I shoot a 295 grain Aerotip or Hollow Point Powerbelt, with 80 grains of 777 Powder. If you are going to shoot the Powerbelts, you should back your powder charge down to 80 grains. Even tho you are getting good groups with the 100 grains of 777, the powerbelt will come apart when you hit an animal. Good Luck, and enjoy your new ML.

with 80 grains of 777 Powder. If you are going to shoot the Powerbelts, you should back your powder charge down to 80 grains. Even tho you are getting good groups with the 100 grains of 777, the powerbelt will come apart when you hit an animal. Good Luck, and enjoy your new ML.

X2

Latest posts

Back