shot the cva 1 st time

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leserz

Reaction score
got the cva eclipse all cleaned up. went to the range i used 80 gr of 777 lose powder and 300 cva deer slayer bullets . darn that think kicks worse than my 30/30 and there is no recoil pad on it my other muzzle loaders never had much of a kick at all . i only shot it twice .afrer shooting my winchester 94 30/30 still sore lol need a new recoil pad on the eclipse and a slip on for the 30/30

call cva and see how much the Crush zone recoil pad. I think they are around $12-15. They are really comfortable

I never felt a muzzle loader kicked all that bad, but maybe yours is different.

How well did it shoot with that load? Get your self some sabots and try them.

i never expected it to kick that bad. same load i used in my knight and a cva bobcat. no i used sabots in the knight. shot good 1 st shot at 75 yds hit a pig silhouette sp after 1 st shot missed with the other three shots. i guess i knew the recoil was coming lol i had the 300 gr cva deer slayer bullets , so thats what i used. next time i will try some sabots 250 gr might drop down to 70 or 75 gr powder and work up

i never expected it to kick that bad. same load i used in my knight and a cva bobcat. no i used sabots in the knight. shot good 1 st shot at 75 yds hit a pig silhouette sp after 1 st shot missed with the other three shots. i guess i knew the recoil was coming lol i had the 300 gr cva deer slayer bullets , so thats what i used. next time i will try some sabots 250 gr might drop down to 70 or 75 gr powder and work up

Your gun will shoot well if you spend some time with it. I've had an Eclipse since 2002, killed about 25 deer with it since then. It just has the factory recoil pad on it. Never had much problem with recoil. I used Powerbelts for several years and they shot pretty well, then switched over to Harvester Scorpion PT Gold last season and they're very accurate. First time I'd ever used sabots and it made a big defference. I've been using 90 gr. T7 loose for years and it's more than enough powder. I've never tried the Deerslayer bullets.

Latest posts

Back