Sale on Accura's

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And they still dont offer a entry level version of any inline in 45cal. I paid $389 for mine with all the bells and whistles. A plain black and stainless would have been fine with me.

Im still tempted to get one of those $249 models and turn it into a pistol. :D

That is a really good price. I just do not need another rifle. And especially an inline. But I would hop on that if I were looking for a rifle.

Cabelas has the same model for the same price. I bought the thumbhole stock one for $319. Everybody must be trying to get rid of the older models since the new ones are out. Might wait a while and the price might get even lower.

Al in Mi said:
frontier gander said:
V2 Accura is already on the way to the US.

what's the differences in the newer model?
The only difference is the V2 has the rubber grip panels added to the stock and the QR breechplug. To me the QR breech plug is not neccessary as you still have to turn it out several turns with your hand making it not very "quick." Now the TC Speedbreech is only a 1/4 turn and out, much nicer. If anyone is looking for an in-line that $249.00 price for the old model Accura is a super deal. IMO the V2 is not worth the extra cash.

I thought it was a sweeeeet deal...so i pulled the trigger last night!!!! Thanks Larry P....and Midway....so excited to get this baby shootin....it's gonna be a backup gun for a nebraska trip in december. who knows, maybe she'll end up being my primary gun....many good things being said about this rifle

Al in Mi said:
frontier gander said:
V2 Accura is already on the way to the US.

what's the differences in the newer model?

QRBP is a beautiful thing to have! Especially if you are shooting T7 or another dirty powder where you have to swab between shots. A heck of a lot cleaner too. The stock has some rubber installed for a better grip and trust me, if it feels like the Apex' forearm, its going to be another great addition. The stock also got a "Soft Touch" coating on it for even more grip, plus i think it would cut down some glare VS the original stock.

Its going to be a really nice gun though, i may have to get one once they get off the ship.

ruddyduck said:
I thought it was a sweeeeet deal...so i pulled the trigger last night!!!! Thanks Larry P....and Midway....so excited to get this baby shootin....it's gonna be a backup gun for a nebraska trip in december. who knows, maybe she'll end up being my primary gun....many good things being said about this rifle

You're going ot enjoy that Accura. Once you get the load for it, you WILL make it your go to gun! The trigger alone makes it my most favorite.

i don' t know FG, i've been reading your posts on the Optima and am thinking maybe is shoulda went with that ugh...as it was I was in between but i liked the idea of an extra inch on the barrel for better velocity and longer range...i guess that made my mind up...i LOVE the lines of the optima though....decisions decisions

My primary gun is a traditions pursuit xlt which i have shooting like a dream right now

ruddyduck, I bought the "old" model Accura with the regular breachplug an I shoot T-7. I use teflon on the threads and have shot as many as 50 times and the bp comes right out. I use a 12mm socket on a 1/4" driver and have never had to put a rachet on instead of the driver. Now this was with my Kodiak as I havn't shot my Accura that much and its going to be a while before I get to. What little I have shot it has put 3 into a ragged hole at 65 yards and several other times it puts 2 shots in 1 hole with a flier a 1/2" away. I'll be having rotater cuff surgery in a week or so and its on my shooting shoulder. Recovery can be 3-6 months from what I've been told. That sucks since I just got my Accura last week! :x

ugh...that's too bad...here's hoping for a speedy recovery!! my pursuit xlt has the traditional breech plug too so i'm not too worried about it. I'm using BH209 and have had ZERO problems getting it out....Triple 7 was a different story and there were times when i didn't think i would get it out. Good luck with the surgery

Wow...dam good price for a great rifle. I bought the stainless/ realtree from Cabelas in Feb for $329 and absolutely love it. It has displaced my T/C Omega. Can drive tacks at 100 yards with 3 30 gr 777 pellets, and 245 xtps.

I have one of those Bergara barrels on my Encore. First rate piece of equipment.

Truefully they both have to be cleaned, both will rust if not cleaned, so its really up to the individual. I have blued, stainless and nickel barrels on muzzleloaders. Each has its own look and I like all three.

the hardness on blued steel is harder. Stainless steel if made HARD, its would be very brittle and not good.

SS i think they said has a rating around 17 and blued steel ( chrome molly) is around 27-28.

www.bellmtcs.com i believe has some info addressing this.

Latest posts

Back