Camera Tripod Gun Rest

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was wandering around the local Goodwill outlet and spotted a camera tripod with a $5 sticker on it, so I picked it up. (Yeah, I'm a scrounger.)

These things have a 1/4 x 28 bolt for attaching the camera.

1.jpg

On the way home I stopped at the hardware store and picked up one of those brackets used to attach chain link fencing to the fence post.

2.jpg

At home, I opened up the bend in the bracket.

3.jpg

And cut off the "ears" at the bolt hole.

4.jpg

Then I soldered a 1/4 x 28 nut to the bottom.

5.jpg

And cut a strip off of a piece of foam rubber I had laying around (I told you I'm a scrounger).

6.jpg

And started attaching it to the metal assembly.

7.jpg

It makes a darn good rifle rest when sitting in a chair or on the ground. This particular tripod is a little too short for a real comfortable standing rest, but if I squat a little I can even use it standing.

8.jpg

Simple & cheap - kinda` like me. :wink:

Good idea; looks great. I've got an old beat us tripod from a garage sale; now its got a use!!!

What, no camo padding cover? Dont u know that silver will give ya away! :lol: But in all seriousness, That looks like it will do the job and help a hunter get steadier.

I've been doing that for a while.
You are correct,great rifle rest.
When your done take the rest off,put your camera on and take your own hunting shots :D

Back