Safety Tip For Holding Your Magnum Handgun

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that could definetly sh-- in a guys cornflakes right there ! ! !

WOW!! what a mess. I feel sorry for the guy.

That's as bad as a friend of mine wanted to shoot my Colt Combat Commander .45 caliber pistol. Twice I stopped him because in his grip he was using, he had his thumb up behind the slide. After two warnings, he snuck one past me and took the skin off his thumb. Last time he ever asked to shoot my Colt.

hmmm ... seems like ive seen that picture of the thumb before :?

dave ... i have gotten nicked by the slide like that before too. only did it once, though :wink:

n8 the worst part was I told him twice that he could not roll his thumb over his other hand. When it got him you should of heard him cuss and swear. And I really did not feel too sorry for him. I would hate to think how many rounds I put down range with that Combat Commander. Wish I had never sold that thing, but I made a small fortune when I sold it. And actually that pistol was made for one thing. And I always hoped I never had to use it for that. But it was a lot of fun to shoot that thing. A .45 ACP is an excellent cartridge.

i just got my first .45 a couple of months back and have been shooting it some lately. its a ww2 remington rand 1911. original parts, but its been worked over by a gunsmith at some point (peened slide, trigger job, reparkerized, various little tricks to tighten the lockup). considering what i paid for it, ive been very pleased. whoever did the gunsmith work ruined the value of the gun, but that means that i got to pick up a nice historic gun that shoots real well for cheap :D .

anyway, i must say that i have to concentrate a little more to shoot small groups with it, but it does great if i do my part. there's just a little more commotion when you drop the hammer than there is w/ my 9mm :) (i.e., it kicks pretty good)

Back