Some cold hard facts about Muzzleloader bullets.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first ML dear went down with a 430 XTP from a TC Scout.
Looking forward testing some 250 and 300 XTP 45's with my Pro Hunter.

Always wanted to hunt pigs. When is your season Oakie!

Alan

Nah, Forums are great, the sabot thing...you know what I meant :wink:
Whats with changing your avatar, as long as I can remember it was the whiskey label?

When is your season Oakie!

All year long on private land. An out of stater does not even need a hunting license to hunt hogs in OK.

I shoot the PR Deadcenters, they are great on performance and terminal performance. However, I had to try a few different sabots to get them to work! I just got some 300gr Extreme Elite HP's and some Deadcenters to try out. I think I'll give harvester a call to get some sabots before I head to the range!

Regarding the PR bullets, I know the QTs and Dead Centers that I have used have not had exits ( 45 to 100 yard shots, relatively mild powder charge- 90 gn vol T7). I wonder if the Extremes would be more likely to give total penetration?

Since were talking XTPs (mostly) I just received a box of 50 Hornady bullets. The box reads 45cal 300gr HP/XTP .452.

I also have some Crush Rib 50cal rifle 45cal bullet sabots.

Is this the right combo to try? I know it's not the only one.

old/new - is that what you are going to try in the Accura? That combo shoots just fine for me in that rifle. Also, the 200 grain 10mm XTP in the blue MMP 50/40 sabots shoots great.

bullets

UC wrote, Also, the 200 grain 10mm XTP in the blue MMP 50/40 sabots shoots great. Deadly accurate out of my Pro Hunter w/ 110 Grain BH209

Underclocked said:
old/new - is that what you are going to try in the Accura? That combo shoots just fine for me in that rifle. Also, the 200 grain 10mm XTP in the blue MMP 50/40 sabots shoots great.

UC,
No, the the 300 XTPs are for the PH. The Accura is .45cal. I have .45cal Barnes Expander MZs (195gr) and 180gr XTPs with tan sabots to try in the new gun. The XTPs I picked up today (3 old, dusty, plastic boxes of 20 per box). We negotiated to $12 for all 3 boxes. The price tag on the boxes read $5.95. That was all the .45cal stuff he had. 60 45cal XTPs with sabots for $12 does not seem bad to me.

Back