Pursuit LT

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black powder

Reaction score
went to the range this morning with some of my hunting parteners ..i was the only one shooting a centerfire [300wsm] need the practice for i have booked a caribou hunt from the sept. 10 to sept. 16 ...one of the groupe member had trouble with his ML . and asked me for help ..he has a TRADITION PURSUIT LT . i picked it up and shot it at the target 100yds .and could not groupe at all , i cleaned the barrel well after each shot..[1] the trigger pull was like 10 lbs. [2] the hinge pin was terribly loose even with the break-open closed shut ..i have had 2 TRADITIONS the pursuit lt and the pro .. i now shot a T/C ENCORE and would never go back to the TRADITION .i don't want to bash TRADITION but after all the experience with CHEAP ml. they're quality controll is on vacation ..

never handled an lt but the xlt was a darn nice muzzy. I almost bought one a coupel years ago.

over all it was a nice rifle. lock up was tight and t he trigger was even under 4lbs. One thing i didnt like was how traditions puts a choppy looking nickel finish on their rifles.

I never shot one, but did handle a few of them. They all locked up fine, but the trigger was terrible on one of them. Its funny that one of their top of the line rifles would have those kind of problems.

cayuga
i also had a TRADITION PRO much stronger built steel frame good shooter but trigger pull was horrible ..

It can be rebuilt by any competent gun smith but the material in them is low grade and the life span is limited. They can be made to shoot quite well and if its only used for hunting and one or two practice sessions a year they are alright. If its somebody that really likes to shoot I would suggest trading for a Triumph or if they want to have one gun and change barrels an Encore. If they like a bolt action a Knight is hard to beat.
In the end you get what you pay for most of the time. Lee

In the end you get what you pay for most of the time. Lee

yes sir "quality has a price"

black powder said:
cayuga
i also had a TRADITION PRO much stronger built steel frame good shooter but trigger pull was horrible ..

The steel frame is the reason i went with the pro !! :D

Latest posts

Back