Palin in a bikini ??? Or do i just need a new scope?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCee67

Reaction score
Have it "narrowed" to these four for a new scope.
Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 $309.
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 $354.
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 $389.
Leoupold VX-L 2.5-8x40 $400.

Feel free to give any comments and/or suggestions. I have had 2 of the bushnell elites, none of the others listed.

MCee67 said:
Have it "narrowed" to these four for a new scope.
Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 $309.
Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 $354.
Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 $389.
Leoupold VX-L 2.5-8x40 $400.

Feel free to give any comments and/or suggestions. I have had 2 of the bushnell elites, none of the others listed.

Well I have a owned the 4200, own the Conquest, own a Monarch 2.5-10X42, and own a VX-L 3.5-10X50. For me...I'd probably go Conquest...I love those scopes! W/E adjustments VERY positive. Excellent optics and a little extra eye relief as well. Second place goes to the Nikon....

"Palin in a bikini!" FUNNY! :lol:

Personally, I would rate them

• 1. Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 $389
    2. Nikon Monarch 3-12x42 $309
    3. Bushnell Elite 4200 2.5-10x40 $354
    4. Leupold VX-L 2.5-8x40 $400

I have owned the Zeiss Conquest, Monarch, Elite 4200, and other Leupys but not a VX-L, and this is the order I would get them in. My favorite scopes are the Conquest scopes. I have 4 of them and love them. They have good optics, great mechanics, light weight, and are moderately priced.

I have a half dozen Monarch scopes and I am impressed by them. They have very bright and clear optics, good mechanics, and good prices. I bought a bunch of refurbished Monarchs and had great luck. I also bought a few when they changed magnification rates. When they are on sale or closeout, they are a great bargain.

I have had a lot of problems with Bushnell scopes and fogging in very cold temps. Enough that I will not buy another. It's off of my list.

I am also not a big fan of Leupold. While they have good optics and a great warranty, I have needed it far too often for me to pay that price for a scope. I have Kahles and Swarovski scopes that cost more but they hold up a lot better. I own 4 Vari-X III, a VX-III, and one of their handgun scopes. I am not impressed with them.

if that were my only choices it would be the conquest or the elite. both are fine scopes that will last you a lifetime

Thank you ramitupurs84

And Batchief, If I had any bikini pics of her, I would gladly show them. Come to think of it I might be rich as well, I am sure some magazine would pay for those!!!

I would go with the Conquest.
Bushnells CS stinks, two months to get my 4200 back and the new scope they sent as a replacement did not last 100 shots before I had problems with it.

I have to second AJ's opinion on the Leupolds, their CS is top notch but I think their quality has gone down hill.

Never owned a Nikon.

One that you do not mention that might be worth a look is Sightron. One guy I talk to has a 6.5-20 Zeiss Conquest and a 6.5-20 Sightron BSII, in his opinion the Zeiss is not a couple hundred bucks better than the Sightron, The Zeiss edges it only slightly due to it being a little more clear around the edges. Another benchrest guy mentioned last night that for what he paid for his Nightforce he could have had a SIII for half the price and been just as satisfied. Sightron has CS equal to Leupold also.

I love my Nikons and it is the single brand I own the most of..

Conquest
Nikon

I would not even look at the rest to be honest.

I third the 4200....try and drop the hammer on a Magilla when the scope is fogged!!!
Rain Guard is the bombs!!

I went with the Zeiss.
I third the 4200....try and drop the hammer on a Magilla when the scope is fogged!!!
Rain Guard is the bombs!!

I use anti-fog ( and also rain-x) on my scopes, The anti fog is also made by rain-x. I tried to find the bottle for the correct name tonight but had no luck. You can get it at most auto parts stores and your local wal mart etc.

Latest posts

Back