Simmons 8-Point

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quigley

Reaction score
I picked up a new Simmons 8-Point scope 3X9X32 for $20.00 plus shipping. Im going to shoot alot of rounds with it to see how it holds up, but it really scares the heck out of me to trust a 20 buck scope deer hunting. It sems to be real clear and has excellent eye relief. Probaly should have added a hundred and got a decent scope. Im looking at the new Redfields for $129.00. Anyone have a Simmoms 8-Point that they trust?

I don't have an 8-Point, but I have four $39 Simmons 4X ProDiamonds and trust them completely. Like your 8-Point they are clear, sharp, and have great eye relief. I like them very, very much.

Actually, the first one I got five years ago was a $19 "refurbushed" deal. I have hundreds of rounds through those scopes and have never had a problem. One is on a hard kicking little Omega X-7 that's seen about 300 rounds of 300 grain bullets over 105 grains of powder. The other three are on Renegades. When I clean the Renegades after a shoot I remove the nipple and dunk the breech end in a bucket of water to pump the bore - scope and all. None of them have leaked of fogged yet.

I suspect you're just as likely to get a scope failure with a high end scope as you are with your Simmons.

I actually have two on centerfire rifles. The first one I got 4 years ago on a Model 70 .300WSM that I bought at Walmart. It lasted about 6-8 shots. I sent it back and now have the Leupold that I replace it with on the .300 and put the 8-Point on a 6.5 Jap. thats been sporterized. I just traded for another Model 70 in 7mmWSM and it has the Simmons 8-Point. I don't think I leave it on with the cost of WSM ammo. Probally wait until I get the cash and get another Leupold if I keep the 7mm.

I have a Simmons Blazer
$29.99
Have taken quite a few deer with it :D missed some also :shock:

I had a Simmons Pro Diamond 4X shotgun scope on my Remington 870 12 gauge slug gun for years and just recently put it on an old CVA Magbolt and it still works perfectly. I paid more then $39.00 years ago when I bought it though.... I recently bought a Simmons Aetec 2.8-10 from Natchez and put it on my .17HMR and it works great. It does say on the bottom of the scope, Designed in the USA, Manufactured in China.

had one on a 7mm mag, didnt hold zero and fogged up really easily.

Never had an 8 Point but i agree that the simple 4x Pro Diamond is a fine little scope if it fits your hunting needs. I got 2 new old stock for $80 and its a great value for close range work. I also have a Simmons 3x9x32 ML scope that i cant find any info about.....other than its cheap.

The 4x Pro Diamonds are Clear, bright and a great addition for a light weight rifle. I would prefer it in 2.5X though.

The new Redfield Revolutions rank very high IMO too and Made in USA.

Because of the recommendation of Semisane, I bought a Simmons 4x32mm Pro Diamond scope and threw it on a White Rifle. I figured if any rifle would shake it apart, that White shooting big conical bullets should. Well it is still on there and working perfect.

I was so impressed with it that when I scope a Renegade, I throw a Simmons Pro Diamond 4x on them. It is about the perfect scope for where I hunt. I would find it good out to 100 yards easy, maybe even further if I could shoot further around here, and like it was pointed out, its clear, good glass, and really seems to gather light well for a cheap scope.

The Simmons 8 point I was on sale at Wal Mart and they looked like something I might throw on a .22 caliber rifle. But then I said the same thing about the Pro Diamond. It might be a good scope to break.

Only way is to shoot it some and find out. I have the Simmons ProDiamond as well - I've used it for 2 seasons now and have not had any problems.

Latest posts

Back