Iowa Deer Hunter

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I've been shooting modern in-line muzzleloaders for five years now but haven't really gotten into it til last year.

I started off with a Traditions .50 cal Buckhunter. Its always been a great shooter and the price was just right when my wife bought it for me.

I returned the favor and purchased a Traditions Pursuit XLT for my wife last year. There again another great shooter for the money.

My last muzzleloader buy was for my son. It's a T/C Triumph. Yes, it was EXPENSIVE, but a very nice gun and also a great shooter.

All our guns are topped with the Nikon Omega BDC scopes. After putting this scope on the Triumph, I had to top the other two with the same scope cause I like it that much!

All three guns shoot BlackHorn 209 powder with great results. We shoot 250 grain shockwaves in the Buckhunter and the Triumph and 300 grain SST's in the Pursuit.

The Iowa youth deer hunts starts Sept. 19th. I can't wait to take my son out. He has practiced all summer and is ready to take his first deer. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Welcome to the site all ways good to hear from a new member so pull up a chair kick your shoes off make your self at home and enjoy your stay with us

:D :D :D

WELCOME ABOARD :!: :!: :!: Great place to hang out :!: :!: :!: Have a great time hunting and remember, safety first :!: :!: :!:

Latest posts

Back