On my hunt with me

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman1

Reaction score
I am in one of my ground blinds as I type this
it is in a pine plantation.The blind is in a surveyors cut
my longest shot here registers 161 yards on my rangefinder
I am using the kodiak in 45 with 90gr BH 209 a 195 gr dead center and W 209 primer
I have a camera tripod as a rest
thank the Lord it has cooled off and is quite pleasant this afternoon
there is a good crossing at about 100 yards

how cool is it to be on the forum while in the woods
always wanted to hunt with y'all

that's awesome!

I live in Palm Beach County. I'm soo happy that winter is upon us!

see anything yet?

Brian

There are a couple Hawks hunting the same cut
I love watching them
A hog crossed the cut a little while ago but didn't stay to meet the kodiak
looked like he had somewhere to be

the Owls are calling "who cooks for you"
no deer yet
I have a Doe tag so either or will be fine

When the Owl's start "hooting" the action allways starts soon here! My wife calls it "the prime time" all the evening feeders are getting out of their bed! Good Luck! :) Ron

saxman1 said:
I am using the kodiak in 45 with 90gr BH 209 a 195 gr dead center and W 209 primer

I am SOOOO glad to hear/see that your doing well and can hunt !!!

:D :D :D :D

UtahRob said:
saxman1 said:

I am SOOOO glad to hear/see that your doing well and can to hunt !!!

:D :D :D :D

It was a beautiful evening and it actually got COOL
Another hog crossed the same spot.

think I'll put out a mineral lick at about 75 - 100 yards and see what happens.

Thanks U.R.
Some day are good,some bad,just like everybody else.
It felt so good to have the rifle in my hands again on the hunt.
I LOVE Muzzleloader hunting

cool.

I went bow hunting tonight for the last time. I'm giving deer a 15 day break before rifle season starts up.

mine would have been. I see 3 fawns working there way thru the hay feild too me. Wait I hear a sound...what? talking? what it that? Oh gee its the neighbors girls taking there dads gator out for a run tresspassing. I use my phone to say hey get out of here with the light on it...

as they yell "ahhhh" whats that light? is he going to shoot us?

sounds like you had a better day

Cool posts, Sax. Glad you got out there. That's good all by itself so it wasn't a bad day. Just think of all the work you saved by not shooting anything. :D

Has that phone got a camera? Take it again and post some game shots if you can. We'll sure root for ya!

I took a picture this afternoon from the blind.
The distance to the end is 161 yards according to my rangefinder.
I have only bow hunted this site this season and need to trim some palmettos and brush.
I use camera tripods for rests and put shooting stick barrel attatchments on them and then I take that off if I shoot something,put my camera on and take my own shots.
If I kill something I will sure post it.

Blackhole1.jpg

Nice setup,Scott! :D Nothing beats an evening out hunting,to rest the mind,and relax! It helps make the good days,great days! Ron

Saxman......

I'm glad that you able to enjoy the day. Looks like a great spot to hunt. I'm going to get this smokepole zeroed in hopefully before the weekend. Michigan Firearm season opens Sunday...... Bow season til then....

wishtofish said:
Saxman......

I'm glad that you able to enjoy the day. Looks like a great spot to hunt. I'm going to get this smokepole zeroed in hopefully before the weekend. Michigan Firearm season opens Sunday...... Bow season til then....

Good luck my friend :D

What the heck? Do you have a PC in your ground blind? Who woulda thunk 20 years ago we could sit in a deer stand and communicate with the entire world. I guess you got one of them cell phone blueberry thingamijigs that calls up the internet somehow. Anyway... Good luck Saxman.

saxman1 said:
I took a picture this afternoon from the blind.
The distance to the end is 161 yards according to my rangefinder.
I have only bow hunted this site this season and need to trim some palmettos and brush.
I use camera tripods for rests and put shooting stick barrel attatchments on them and then I take that off if I shoot something,put my camera on and take my own shots.
If I kill something I will sure post it.

Blackhole1.jpg

What make of blind do you use ?? I am thinking about getting one to try next year during the Elk hunt . Only problem , i think when i enter the blind i may spook the elk and they will be gone for the day . We saw a heard in a meadow every day like clock work at sunrise . If i could keep my sent down i though about putting a blind there and spending the night in it so they don't see me enter and leave . Not sure if that would work ???

blind

They do make blinds w/ scent blocking capabilities. I could never spend a night in a blind. Way I snore I would be afraid of an amorous grizzly trying to get at me :p :lol:

I use mostly the Ameristep Doghouse because I usually hunt alone.
When I have guests I have a Ground Max Vision that is the one in the picture in your post U.R.
It is very roomy.

Latest posts

Back