topo maps

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03mossy

Reaction score
anybody have a good online place to get topo maps made? preferably free

Try the USGS site at
http://store.usgs.gov/b2c_usgs/b2c/star ... pitrex_prd)/.do

If the above site does not link, cut and paste it to your browser address window.

Click on the "Map Locator" and just follow the directions. It's a lot like navigating on Google maps. You will ultimately be able to download a .pdf 7.5 x 7.5 topo map which is what you want.

The trick is then to figure a way to print it. I crop and print the section I plan to be in and it works fine. The only snag is you want to be able to use adobe Acrobat (not the free "Reader"). If you don't have it at home or work, save the file on a disk and have it printed at a Kinko's or Staples.

Good luck

i use google earth a lot. I like to see the area up close. You can also print them out too.

I noticed that our states DOW website now also has a google earth type of map deal.

Give mytopo.com a look...they are not free, but for < $25 you can get a custom laminated folded 4 quad combination map to the scale you prefer...pretty good product for the price. :shock:

frontier gander said:
i use google earth a lot. I like to see the area up close. You can also print them out too.
+1
I noticed that our states DOW website now also has a google earth type of map deal.

Latest posts

Back