DedNutz scope mount height.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmh8098

Reaction score
I will be mounting a nikkon omega on a CVA optima with the DedNutz mounts from Game Reaper. They have three heights listed, low medium and high. Obviously the high mounts would work or I'll be out of luck, does anyone know if I can get away with a lower mount??

I have a Leupold Ultimate Slam 3X9X40 mounted on my #2 T/C Omega with DedNutz mounts and the medium height gives plenty of clearance. I probably could have used the low rings, but wanted the scope up a little over the breech so I had easier access for cocking the hammer and cleaning the action. I have been very happy with the DedNutz mounts. They have been rock solid and I am on my 10th jug of Blackhorn209 with them so they have been "tested" for over 500 shots.

Having said that, I will also note that my #1 Omega has Leupold QD rings on a Weaver base and that has been a great set up also. Always returns to zero and is so convenient for cleaning the rifle. Warne QD rings work very well also and would be my first choice if I was setting up a new rifle today. JMO--have fun with whatever setup you choose for your ML and good luck hunting.

Latest posts

Back