Gotta Vent....................

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quicksilver147

Reaction score
You know...........I've spent what seems like the last month listening to all the people crying over Micheal Jacksons death which, really is too bad, but I think everyone's gotten just a bit carried away with it.

Why does this country insist on making heros out of idiots, and totally forget the whats important ? What does that say about us ? SAD.

Robert McNamara was a controversial figure in our country, but I believe he's been asked to bear more than his share our our nations problems. Argant ? what public official isnt ? However....I'd like to point out that here is a man that lived long enough to see the error of his ways and publicly admitted to it. He didnt run from the wrong-doings, he looked straight in the eyes of the public and never flinched. Say what you want about this man, but respect him for the difficulty of his position and the true leader he was. By the way, this is coming from a republican, not a bleading heart liberal.

I've made more than my share of mistakes in life an hurt a few people too. Time has a way of making you understand what you did wrong, and I dont think the Robert McNamara of today was anywhere near the same man of the 60's.

Remember, unless you can forgive you wont be forgiven.
Walk a mile in a mans shoes............

Mr. McNamara would have been welcome at my dinner table any day of the week.

replies

H-m-m-m our heads on straight, most but a couple are near backwards some times. I ain't namin no names UC, your got critters writing and I enjoy this site and don't want to get caught out on the Frontier Gander ing about Sabotloaders front stuffing their guns or any a dat dere! Course I might Busta move and and head down on the Cayuga river some.

I have my own personal opinions of Michael Jackson and his life. I liked his music actually and own two of his albums (yes... vinyl records. My little niece saw my record collection once and asked me what they were?).

I personally feel while his music made a tremendous impact on the social scene, and opened many doors for others that might not have been opened, there were things about his personal life that bothered the heck out of me. No argument, Jackson's generosity to special interest groups, ideas and causes, along with his financial support was indeed a wonderful thing for him to do. He had the position, following, and money to do it.

Still, we all suspect or have heard of the dark side of Mr. Jackson. Whether fabricated, paid off, or proof positive. I personally feel he moon walked his way out of a lot of things. Although .. there really is no PROOF of his wrong doings that went public enough to convict him. So no proof, no crime as they say.

But I personally do feel they have made far too big a deal out of his death. But remember, you need ratings to sell air time, and Media played to everyone who wanted to hear all details of his death and his life. The air waves could not pass up the golden goose on that one.

As for the death of Robert McNamara, he was a man that had a terrible job, terrible responsibilities, at a terrible time in our nations history. I feel McNamara really did the what he thought was right at the time. Right for who is the question. But in respect to McNamara he was a dedicated public servant. And should have been remembered for who he was and how he lived. He should have been shown more respect. As well as Ed McMahon and Farah Fawcett. Both of who also made a remarkable impact on television as we know it, and Ed was a Marine war hero to boot.

While the death of anyone is tragic, I move on. I've even been criticized for this by my own family actually, when family members pass away. I get over it. I forge ahead and try not to dwell in the past.

Cayuga.........

Thank you for the thoughtful reply....I do appreciate it indeed. I posted this topic to provoke some thoughts and comments on a serious topic, and I appreciate you posting just that.

Unfortunately, I dont get serious replys from everyone, aparently thats too much work.

When I think about someone like Robert McNamara, I think about my own life. When I'm gone from this planet, I hope the haters can atleast appreciate the effort to improve. That is what takes real courage.

Yes, Michael Jackson did pass away a week ago ...and so did:

Army SSG Paul G Smith, 43, of East Peoria, IL Army SSG Joshua A Melton, 26, of Carlyle, IL Army SPC Chancellor A Keesling, 25, of Indianapolis, IN Navy MCPO Jeffrey J Garber, 43, of Hemingford, NE Army 1SG John D Blair, 38, of Calhoun, GA Army SGT Ricky D Jones, 26, of Plantersville, AK Army SGT Rodrigo A Munguia Rivas, 27, of Germantown, MD Army SPC Casey L Hills, 23, of Salem, IL Army 1LT Brian N Bradshaw, 24, of Steilacoom, WA Army SPC Joshua L Hazlewood, 22, of Manvel, TX Rest in peace...

We should never forget those who stand up and serve so others may live in freedom

Charlie

Serious reply about the circus being made of a death? I've done my best to ignore any and all "news" coverage on that topic.

I agree. I'm about sick of hearing about this guy. I didn't even like his music. :x

Latest posts

Back