wind

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dit

Reaction score
Hi
How hard of wind blowing would keep you from sighting in your muzzleloader? It's blowing around ten miles an hour and going to be that way for a couple of days. Is this going to push me off line at 100 yards? I'm using a 290 grain sabot with 67 grains of Blackhorn 209 by weight which is about 100 grains by volume with my stuff. Thanks Kevin

Dit

I would not worry about the wind that much for right now. Go sight the gun in and then verify it at another time. Just remember the angle of the wind across the flight path of the bullet will cause more or less drift.

Right now I really do't even put much stock in my sight in. It is to hot beside being windy... But I still go sight in and then just before the hunt I will shoot it to verify.

Shoot it... 10 mph winds just keeps the bugs off you. I would not get real concerned. You can always check it on a calm day. After all when I hunt in the winters there are days when the wind is just howling.

Right before season, check the rifle again. Sometimes this heat and humidity can effect my accuracy a lot more then a light breeze.

It's usually always blowing 10 MPH or more where I shoot. The others have given you good advice.

Back