New Endeavor

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lee 9

Reaction score
Well I like the looks of it so I finally bought one. Since I am taking care of my wife [knee, total replacement] it will be a bit [like a couple weeks] before I can shoot.
Since I will be going on a feral pig hunt shortly there after I would like to inquire of the other Endeavor owners if it has a high probability of using the same loads as my Triumph and Omega?
Also if the rubber inserts actually have much effect on recoil?
I have ordered a camo[ AP] scope to go with the camo stock as it is a SS camo I thought that would look OK. Lee

you asked about the [Also if the rubber inserts actually have much effect on recoil? ] they look good thats it ..

none what so ever ,the big deal is the LIMBSAVER recoil pad..but you got a quality muzzleloader ,you can't go wrong with T/C products.

Lee: Glad to see you're giving a boost to the economy. :D

Saw the pic on HN... very nice. I've seen lot's of posts on the Endeavor... all positive.

Lee, I played around a lot last year with load developement when I got my Endeavor, and plan on doing more this year just because I enjoy it so much, but heres the load I settled on last year for hunting just because it was so darn accurate (devastating on deer to: 1 Kansas Buck and 6 or 7 does in Nebraska during the late season, none went more than 30 yards or so). 100 Grains BH 209, Harvestor Short Black Sabot, .452 250 Grain Hornady XTP, Winchester 209 Primers. 1" groups at 100 yards all day long, nothing else I tried was better than 2" or so. Good luck and enjoy your rifle, you'll love it!

Thanks all.
I have 300XTP 250gr I use them in the System One, I have 275 of the 250gr FTX they shoot good in the Omega and the Triumph, I have 125 200gr SW and 90 250gr SW and 130 of the 200gr 40 cal XTP a box of 260 gr Spear and some 240gr.452 XTP so I guess I will try the FTX250 and the XTP250gr first with a couple different sabots and go from there. When I get it worked up I will report. If I get a hog I will see if I can get a pic posted. Lee

Don't ignore the T/C 200 gr shock-wave. The extra speed provided really opens up the bullet and and it shoots much flatter at 200 yards than any 250 gr. weight bullet if your load is around 105- 110grains of BH-209.

Chocdog

Mine shoots great! I did a couple small modification to it that seem to have tightened up my groups. I didn't really need to modify it but I did just for good measure. I installed a Bellm Oversized 1X Hinge Pin and a stiffer lock-up spring. I also shaved the ears on the forend so they don't contact the receiver at all. My Endeavor likes 120g BH209 and I like shooting Barnes Bullets out of it. I shoot bullets from 250g to 300g out of it with great accuracy. Shockwaves shoot awesome out of this gun but I don't hunt with them because I don't trust them. A lot of people swear by them but I haven't killed anything with them...... yet. I plan to test some 250g Shockwaves on hogs very soon. If they perform well, I may use them more often. I particularly like the Barnes because they have no lead. They're solid copper and being that there's no lead, they have 100% weight retention. But that's just my personal preference.

The gun is a true pleasure to shoot. Even with a magnum load. The recoil pad really takes a lot of the bite out of it. As stated earlier, I don't think the Energy Burners do anything at all but they look cool. You'll definitely be in love with that rifle once you find the sweet spot and develop your pet-load.

SW, I have used the shock Waves for years,they are a very accurate bullet, the standard on works quite well for me up to 1800fps if I am loading over that I use the bonded ones.
You might consider using the FTX as they are designed for 2300+ they shoot just like a SW and they look just like a SW[250gr] they are actually designed for a smokeless use and I believe the Savage shooters will eventually find them very useful, with a stiff load of BH I have had excellent accuracy results with them. The fact that you can buy them in boxes of 50 don't hurt my feelings either. Lee

the T/C SHOCKWAVE are actualy made by HORNADY and are the same as the SST's ..and yes they are my favorite bullet on the range when i go there to practice with my ENCORE ..i use the HORNADY SST's because they are less expensive ...

Excellent performance for me with both the 250 and 300 SW and the standard sabots on big Missouri deer.

SWThomas said:
Lee & black powder,

How about performance on game?

not for hunting game, with 100 gr. of T7 the bullets would pencil through ,no blood trail ,and they ran too far before dropping ..as u know i made some tests with the BARNES EXPANDER and this comming deer season that will be my new hunting bullet ..

I have always tested bullets myself and established a velocity range that they worked well in, the only bullet that don't work well on deer for me is a hard cast bullet and they are made for big heavy game and max penetration. Lee

Latest posts

Back