for love of the little ones....

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drax05

Reaction score
I knew I had all these "little" ones, just haven't gotten them all out of the safe at one time. Just added a 62 with .22 converter in it, but has a slight timing issue I'll work on next. Firing pin hits a smidgen of two cylinders and the cartridge rim. Have a holster from Indian Creek Leather coming for it as I have for the others. Still was fun to shoot, and at about 50 feet, will hit a beer oops, drink can mostly, mostly......
Photo on 5-30-21 at 3.11 PM #3.jpg

Had to get my gunsmith to index my .22 "drop in" conversion for my 62. There was 1/16" or so play between the conversion ring and cylinder chambers when cocked. He drilled through the conversion ring into the recoil shield and put a pin through the ring that matched a hole in the shield that made resulted in the firing pin hitting the cartridge rim and not part of the cylinder chamber. Works great now, he also put in "spring and plunger" in place of the hand spring which was done on all my other conversions. Just wish Kirst would make a longer .22 bbl insert for them, however it shoots minute of soda can at 50' and thats about all I can ask!
Photo on 6-12-21 at 10.04 AM.jpg

Latest posts

Back