Full bores in Black Diamond

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've never had what I consider good accuracy with full bore conicals in any of my inlines.My old Omega, while superb with sabots , was poor with conicals. Anything approaching 4 inches had me jumping for joy...My Black Diamond is alittle better,I've gotten 3-4 inchers with Lee REALS ( 320's) and 370 gr Maxiballs, but consistent group size has been elusive.Both went down as easy as a minie does in my Enfield.This seems odd as when I'm shooting sabots I NEED crushribs.I've heard an improperly machined QLA can mess things up abit, but mine is very well done.I'm not looking for mastadon loads,but I think it wise to be able to cast your own and be able to do with out sabots if it ever becomes necessary.My P-53 Enfield shoots Lyman 575213OS 460gr minies under 3 inches at 100 all day and I think , given the better barrel and sights , that my 50 cal Black Diamond ought to be able to beat that. I'd prefer bullets that I can get molds for and any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Back