How long is ......

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UtahRob

Reaction score
your muzzleloader seasons .

Aur muzzleloader deer and Elk are 9 days long . Way tooooo short .
Deer ends today and i will be eating a tag sandwich . :cry:
I passed on two small bucks looking for a trophy and did not see one , so i had my chance . I do feel good about the season though , because i have never passed up a legal buck before . I have taken 5 small black tail and one small mule deer all 2x2s . Spike Elk muzzle loader season comes up in around three week , but i don't have any time off and will have to hunt before and after work . It's nice having Elk only 1/2 hr drive from home . But duck season starts tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here in Nebraska we have 9 days rifle season where you can use your ML'er, Nov15-23 and then we have 31 days ML'er season Dember 1-31.
There's also a seasons choice [antlerless] that goes from January 1-15.
It sounds better than it is. 97% of Nebraska is private land and it's hard to find a place to hunt that doesn't cost more than a man like me can afford. There is some places to hunt that produce if you're willing to work for it.
Zen

In Saskatchewan the ML season varies depending on which zones you hunt. The zones in the northern third of the province the season is September 1 to October 31, 2008. In the southern 2/3s of the province the season runs October 1 to October 31.

benamen said:
In Saskatchewan the ML season varies depending on which zones you hunt. The zones in the northern third of the province the season is September 1 to October 31, 2008. In the southern 2/3s of the province the season runs October 1 to October 31.

that sounds great , ether way it sure is better than 9 days!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Our deer or elk seasons are only 5 days long each. Get on em and get er done.

Our season started yesterday. The rifle season starts around the beginning of Nov when the rifle season starts. Of course you can use your muzzle loader then too and the season lasts to the middle of Dec.

Nebraska seasons

Hey Zen
Don't forget those season choice tags . You can literaly take a truck full if you so choose if you can find a place to hunt. Many landowners will let you harvest all the does you want. Just leave the bucks alone. Check it out. Bow, rifle, or muzzleloader each in its respective season. Its not trophy hunting for sure but it gets you outdoors. Some of these old mature does can be a challenge.
Wayles

Re: Nebraska seasons

wayles said:
Hey Zen
Don't forget those season choice tags . You can literaly take a truck full if you so choose if you can find a place to hunt. Many landowners will let you harvest all the does you want. Just leave the bucks alone. Check it out. Bow, rifle, or muzzleloader each in its respective season. Its not trophy hunting for sure but it gets you outdoors. Some of these old mature does can be a challenge.
Wayles

Got one of those too. Plus a rifle tag. plus a ML'er tag that allows two deer.
You've probably got something similar. Lord willing my family and my neighbors and some at the church are going to enjoy plenty of good venison this year.
:wink:
zen

Here in PA, our early muzzleloader season is for antlerless deer Oct 18-25. The flintlock only season is Dec 26 - Jan 10 for either sex deer (with antler restrictions). No Sunday hunting.

I hunt in a special regulation area and use a modern muzzleloader instead of a shotgun. In this area you can hunt antlerless deer with a modern muzzleloader for about eight weeks. Two of those weeks also allow for a buck with a minimum three antler points to one side.

In the Wildlife Management Area I hunt in there were 92,000 antlerless licenses available. You can apply until they run out. It's not unheard of for someone to have 10 or more antlerless licenses.

Here in Alberta, they JUST opened a ML season in the eastern part of the Province. It runs from 15 Oct - 31 Oct. Historically, we had a few small area's that where primitive only, but getting drawn for them required an act of devine intervention.

Our DNR isn't quite as anal about calibers, sabots, and the rest fo the regs that some of you have to wade thru. Pretty much anything goes.

Here in Arkansas we have 8 days in mid Oct. and a late season, 3 days long in Dec. We can use ml during the rifle season if we wish which would give you almost the whole month of Nov. However we have longest archery season in the country. Oct 1- end of Feb.

In New york we have 3 ml seasons,depending on what zone you hunt.

Oct 11-17
Dec 8-14
Dec 8-16

All open areas are either sex but 1 which is Antlered only,4 areas with antler restrictions,3 points one side.

Charlie

Back