Which one would you recommend?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperKirby

Reaction score
If you were going to get an inline ML for $350 or less to shoot with open sights, which one would it be? I have a KRB right now, but I can't use a scope on it to with in MN and I can't get it to feel comfortable with a scope.

So, what would you get?

Vince

Vince,I would look at the Knight Wolverine. My wife has had one for years,and we finally converted it over to 209 primers. She has shot deer at 20-125yds with it. I've tried to buy her a new ML,but she won't part with it. :D Ya can't make much of a case for a new gun,when they perform like this one does! :D Ron

All the guns mentioned would be great, but I will have to say that my CVA Accura is the best shouldering gun that I have thrown up in a while,,, maybe ever... :eek:

Knight Wolverine or an NEF Sidekick. I would avoid guns made overseas.

Thanks guys. I'll have to look, but I didn't think you could get Accura that cheap. I know I shouldered one at Cabelas when they first came out, but it was $550 so I didn't even consider it. I was also kind of thinking about the Optima, but not sure. I have a Knight Wolverine. For some reason I never really got hooked on it, not sure why. I also saw a Remington Genesis in ss/laminate for $235, kind of considering that too.

Kirby, Mid-South has the blue/black Accura for $317.40... you will be hard pressed to get a better rifle for that amount of money.

I would go with the wolverine and a nice scope for that price. Although I have a Traditions Yukon I picked up for $100 NIB on gunbroker a couple of weeks ago. Just got some more BH209 and now ready to shoot it. I like the way it feels, but you can get a Wolverine 209 for not much more if you look around.

SuperKirby said:
If you were going to get an inline ML for $350 or less to shoot with open sights, which one would it be? I have a KRB right now, but I can't use a scope on it to with in MN and I can't get it to feel comfortable with a scope.

So, what would you get?

Vince

Stay with a Knight or TC offering. I recenty UPGRADED from a CVA to Knight product, and am wondering what took me so long.

Open sights that you can get a hold on comfortably easily takes new model knights and tc out on the ball game. Hate it when they use those stocks that are straight forward and no drop.

Like holding a 2x4 to your shoulder.

UC seems to like his "Over seas" muzzy :lol:

Kind of like how some like their made in mexico chevy, made in canada ford. :roll:

I have every confidence the barrel on my Accura is every bit as good as those found on Knights and TCs.

I would go so far as to say the rifling is as good or better than any I have ever seen in a muzzleloader.

prostreetcamaro said:
My how quickly we forget about the CVA barrel issues of recent years. I simply dont trust CVA.

http://www.chuckhawks.com/unsafe_muzzleloaders.htm

Any way I only shoot Knight rifles. They are the king of inlines if you ask me. They have proven to be super accurate and you life can depend on it reliable over the years.

Here is the one I would go for if I were you. These feel and handle like a rifle.

http://www.knightrifles.com/productdeta ... ?id=DE606C

Knights are good, as are most of the American made rifles. I'd buy a Savage if I could use smokeless.

Latest posts

Back