Fixed up the Kentucky

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Finally got my wood ramrod in today. A couple days ago i also got some Pierce flints. These are made by Rich Pierce and all hand made by him. These are throwing excellent sparks! I got 13 of them ( he throws in some extra) for $11.50 shipped.

kentuckyRR.jpg

kentuckyRR001.jpg

kentuckyRR004.jpg

You're killin' me FG...would I ever love to have that smokegun in a LEFTY ! Tote'n that around hunting would be a taste of a blast from the past. The brown'd barrel and the wood ramrod really gives it a nice touch.

I don't know about you, but it drives me nuts when I have a rifle in my guncase without a meal to its name(like my Kodiak). Refresh my memory on this beauty of yours cause I'm losing track of your collection. Am I correct in assuming you need to "break it in" on game now, or was this particular smokegun one of your old-new overhauls you do so masterfully?

ive only taken one animal and that was in 2006. I used 110gr 3f goex with a .015 patch and .490 round ball. 40 yard shot to the head rolled him right onto his back.
100_2232.jpg

I think that buck earned this rifle a long stay on my wall :lol!:

Well done FG. It only takes one animal to "break-it-in"...

If I had that harvest using that smoke gun & iron sights...I'd be grin'n cheek to cheek. Congrats!

p.s. I never shot a big game animal with iron sights. Maybe some day

Latest posts

Back