TC Impact Review

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rogo

Reaction score
Thought I would share my experince with the new TC Impact rifle.

Purchased one yesterday at a local shop and brought it home.

Brought it back to store this AM!

1. Rifle is lightweight so easy to carry.

2. Stock is way to short even with the block in it. I am 5'4" and have short arms and it was too short for me.

3. Breech plug sits in to deep making it hard to INSERT IGNORE a primer. Even harder to extract a fired primer or an unfired primer. Could not do it with gloves on.

4. Sliding breech makes a very loud click when pulled back. Actually after 3 practice pulls the breech on this rifle stuck closed and could not open it again. Store owner could not open it either. He is sending it back to TC.

5. I would not recommend this rifle to anyone. Seems like TC is doing the same thing Knight did and making an inferior product. Hope Not tho!

6. Breech area does not look weatherproof so I think mouisture will be a big problem with this rifle.

Hope these notes helps anyone thinking about getting one of these.

Im Sure RW will be crushed considering his overwhelming praise for it at the ShotShow even though he never actually fired one.

They still dont have one at my Cabelas but i can buy a stainless Accura for close to the same price, the Impact isnt even on my short list.

BTW was it labeled "Made in USA". Im wondering if they have begun outsourcing. I dont care but RW seems to base 99% of his opinions on it being Made in USA.

Impact

Well, you know how RW feels about CVA.

I personally did what you thought about. I ordered a stainless CVA Accura today for just about the same price as the Impact. I believe it will be a much better buy.

Re: Impact

rogo said:
Well, you know how RW feels about CVA.

I personally did what you thought about. I ordered a stainless CVA Accura today for just about the same price as the Impact. I believe it will be a much better buy.

Not just CVA but any import.

I guess he forgot about how Pedersoli (Italian) has taken top spots in some of the toughest ML completions in the world several times.

I really like lots of models and brands but Knight is tops on my list. They will always get first shot if they are selling what i want. I had TCs for many years and even my first ML was a TC.

BTW good choice on the Accura, it really is a great deal for the money and the trigger will compete with any brand. The Bergara barrel really put them in a new league also.

with it being a first year gun, im sure any flaws will be picked up along the way. I dont like the sound of the way it cocks, Seems out of place. Does it slide back like a semi auto pistol?

I have the new $250 CVA Optima coming in, I'll let you all know how that is.

Thats interesting though about the stock being to short, Maybe it wasnt extended all of the way?

Impact

FG, the sliding breech only comes back about 3/8" and then the action breaks. When you close the barrel the breech closes over it. A real chinzy setup IMO.
The stock was fully extended with the removable block in place. Rifle is definetly designed for kids to learn on. Not suitable for a full grown person.

Impact

No, I don't think it is supposed to be an updated Omega. My Omega is far superior to the Impact. I believe it is meant to be a comparison to the CVA Wolf. Altho I also believe the Wolf is a better piece of equipment than the Impact.

Back