First with the .17

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Had a good afternoon today! Savage hmr .17 finally got broke in!

Attachments

• Snapchat-528917292.jpg
    Snapchat-528917292.jpg
    354.6 KB · Views: 36
  • Snapchat-499927989.jpg
    Snapchat-499927989.jpg
    374.3 KB · Views: 41
  • Snapchat-614764502.jpg
    Snapchat-614764502.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 38
Funny, broke out my .17 last week thinking about shooting it again. ammo is a little pricey but fun to shoot.

My Savage .17 WSM is my go-to, carry everyday in the 4Runner, jackrabbit slayer for bait. Wears a Burris Mini 3X9 fine CH dot scope. One day last year a local rancher called and told me he was overrun with Jacks around his house, shop and stack yard. This was due to 16" of new snow covering available food sources. In 90 min I killed 43 Jacks with one box of 50 .17 WSM. Wally World for $15.95 a box , sure beats loading for my K Hornet! Wore me out just pickin' um up........Mossie

Isn't this site for muzzleloaders not modern guns??? :(

I'll ask again "Why is there then a category for modern shooters displaying modern bottle neck cartridges. Ditto gardens, trapping, predator calling etc. I didn't realize this site was so site specific. Diversity is what drew me to this site as well as MML......Mossie

We can be open minded, tho.
Always nice to see someone's victory.
inspiring

I'll ask again "Why is there then a category for modern shooters displaying modern bottle neck cartridges. Ditto gardens, trapping, predator calling etc. I didn't realize this site was so site specific. Diversity is what drew me to this site as well as MML......Mossie

Originally Jonathan told me to keep it light with the categories listed, keep modern cartridge items to one area of the website as we are mainly about black powder, muzzleloader - traditional and modern muzzleloaders. We have a variety of different subjects listed, some time ago the modern shooter column was added, that's fine but those subjects need to be kept in that area not all over the map per say.

I bought a 17HMR made by Marlin years back. Wiped out every ground hog around my house with it. It is a pleasure to shoot. Just wish I would have let some of them woodchucks go, 'cause now I got nothin' to shoot. 😞

Latest posts

Back