Hoppes Elite BlackPowder Solvent.

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doegirl

Reaction score
I've tried this stuff the last three times I've cleaned my T/C. Followed directions on the bottle (brush bore, squirt stuff in barrel, wait 5 minutes, apply to brush and clean some more, follow with dry patches). This is the most work I have ever done to clean a muzzleloader. The bore is never fully clean at the first try, I have to repeat a second, and most recently, 3 times to get my barrel o.k. It took some soapy patches and Breakfree CLP to cleanup the rest. For $12 a bottle, I expected more. IMHO, it is no better than hot water. I can clean my barrel in half as much time with hot, soapy water. FYI, I am using triple 7 in my gun.

Thanks Doe
I would have expected more from Hoppe's.
You just sved me $12.
Ken

Hey Doegirl! Getcha some Butch's Black Powder Bore Shine......it's some good stuff for Triple Se7en cleanup AND I also use it on a dampened patch for between shot swabbing. I buy mine from Cabela's. You'll like it! :yeah:

http://lymanproducts.com/butch/

bpshiine.jpg

Doegirl, might want to try Birchwood/Casey No 77 Black Powder Solvent. I used this as recommended by Big6X6, and I was happy with the results.

Latest posts

Back