TC power rod

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franksauto

Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get the older one with the brass end on it. It has a recessed end for pointed bullets.
Thanks
Frank

Frank,

You will want the Knight or XS-Sights Power Rod. I have the Knight Power Rod made by XS-Sights, it has the brass end that will seat all the pointed bullets. Gregerson's Ace Hardware in Baldwin Wisconsin was one of Knight's top retailers. I bought 3 of the 26" rods from them a couple years ago. They might have some left, but I think the last guy I steered that way bought what they had left. What length are you looking for? They (T/C) sure don't make them like that any more.

Someone could make some money by making some of the brass ends for the T/C rods. They have 10-32 threads, and thread right in the end of the rods.

Gregerson Ace Hardware
880 Cedar Street
Baldwin, WI 54002-9353
(715) 684-3246
Open Mon-Thu 7:30am-6pm; Fri 7:30am-8pm; Sat 7:30am-5pm

Knight still has some. I bought one 3 weeks ago from them for $20.00 IIRC.

jsteurrys said:

Great Price! You can't even get the cheap hollow aluminum T/C one for that.

jsteurrys said:

Where did you find this? I checked the website and called customer service no luck. I would really love to find another one. I dropped mine in the woods someplace.

Busta said:
Frank,

You will want the Knight or XS-Sights Power Rod. I have the Knight Power Rod made by XS-Sights, it has the brass end that will seat all the pointed bullets. Gregerson's Ace Hardware in Baldwin Wisconsin was one of Knight's top retailers. I bought 3 of the 26" rods from them a couple years ago. They might have some left, but I think the last guy I steered that way bought what they had left. What length are you looking for? They (T/C) sure don't make them like that any more.

Someone could make some money by making some of the brass ends for the T/C rods. They have 10-32 threads, and thread right in the end of the rods.

Gregerson Ace Hardware
880 Cedar Street
Baldwin, WI 54002-9353
(715) 684-3246
Open Mon-Thu 7:30am-6pm; Fri 7:30am-8pm; Sat 7:30am-5pm
I'll measure mine tonight. I wanna say it's 28".
Thanks
Frank

Measured the current rod & it's 25 1/2.

Hey Frank if you find any let me know, after you get what you need, I need a few!!!

billyzink said:
Hey Frank if you find any let me know, after you get what you need, I need a few!!!
No problem. I have been looking all over with no luck. Tunrs out the design is a patent or trademark infringment and they had to stop making them.
Please do the same for me if you find any.
Thanks
Frank

Back