ANY 3 PIECE QUALITY (HD) RAMROD SUGGESTIONS ?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhawker

Reaction score
How about some suggestions. Looking for a 3 piece rod (screw together) for my hunting
bag. Heavy duty-not flimsey. Thanks

squirrelhawker said:
How about some suggestions. Looking for a 3 piece rod (screw together) for my hunting
bag. Heavy duty-not flimsey. Thanks

DAC Gun Cleaning Kits offer a 3/8" 3 piece, brass cleaning rod w/a swivel handle.. This is what I use as a range rod. It's heavy duty! Tons of them on E-BAY. You might also check out KLEEN BORE web site.

I have one similiar to this (might be this same brand in fact) that I bought a few years back at a rural WalWart during their end of hunting season clearance sale. I use it for a range rod, cleaning and have carried it in the field like you are wanting to do. Very sturdy rod with a comfortable handle.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_in ... s_id=13614

i use the same one and love it. the only time i every use the rod that came with the omega is for a quick follow up shot in the field

PowerRod, before TC bought them, made a nice one with its own carry bag. I keep it in my pack just in case I loose my regular one.

Hey guys,
Thanks so much for these ideas. The place I have the account with does carry some Dac rods but not that one. I think I am going to go with the outers brass 3 piece shotgun rod. This has 8/32 threads on the end i can change to 10-32. 5/16" dia. should be strong enough..only a little over $6
Being brass, I can solder the SST tip/jag to it.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back