First 200 yard attempt

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I pulled one, but the first 3 were great. 200 yards and this time i bumped it up to 90gr 3fg.

Attachments

• 20201030_171907.jpg
    20201030_171907.jpg
    947.1 KB · Views: 14
Nothing wrong with that! Especially for Regular Open sights. I sure enjoy Shooting longer distances, It’s a LOT of fun to me.

If you PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE at 200 yards, and Become efficient at it, It makes 100 yards feel like a Chip Shot

How true Lewis, I don't have access to real long range areas but have done a lot of shooting at the 200 - 250 yard range. It sure builds confidence for those lesser ranges.

I know this is not muzzleloading but I'm only using it as an illustration. I've read a lot Elmer Keith's writings and like many, I scoffed at his 5-600 yard shots. Well one week when all the shooters at muzzleloader league got done shooting 200 yards a friend asked if I would like to try his 45 Caliber S&W mountain revolver. Never shooting that distance or that gun before I was able to hit the 16" gong 3 out of 6 shots and this was totally free hand, made a believer out of me.

Latest posts

Back