Finished up a couple barrels

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exMember

Reaction score
Got these 2 barrels done today! LMF Browning solution. I let them rust up thick before carding them off and adding one more coat of LMF. Got them all scrubbed down with baking soda/water mix to stop the rusting, then I followed up with some RIG until they are completely done. Once finished, I'll add my anti rust & patch lube to seal them off inside and out.

One is a CVA Hawken that I am building to re-sell. The other is a traditions hawken that I am building for a friend of mine. I still have to cut a rear sight dovetail, but other than pulling off the brass and giving it a decent polish out job, its almost complete.

Both barrels were outfitted with new nipples and flash cups to protect the stocks and keep cap residue out of the shooters eye/face. Both stocks are also fully bedded to prevent swelling.

Here's the CVA Hawken. Gorgeous dark chocolate brown! I'll heat brown the rear sight tomorrow. Little parts like that are a real pain in the ass to slow rust brown.
81314531_10157220439592875_632967996339388416_o.jpg

Very nice. How do you like LMF? The color looks great from what I can see.

Latest posts

Back