Finding Black Powder

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overdue Bill

Reaction score
I live in N.Y. in the Rochester area and cannot find any black powder. I can get Pyrodex etc. but not black powder. Can anyone tell me where i can get it? If I have to order it can it be mailed to my address in NY?

Blackhorn is more for inline muzzleloaders it takes A lot hotter ignition

Many say 'mail order' to address any order shipped to home. I have ordered BP shipped to my home in Texas. It came via UPS. It cannot ship by mail, USPS. I do not know about NY limits.

UPS quit delivering BP. FEDEX is the only carrier now. HAZMAT charges add about $6 per can to the cost. Restrictions on the storage of BP have also increased the price per pound. Notice the number of suppliers advertising in Muzzle Blasts is down. I order for our club once a year and have had no delivery problems.

Midwayusa has it in stock.
However I would need to order 10lbs to make it worth while.
I don't know anyone near me to make the order.

Looks like they have the HAZMAT charge built into their price. Our last order of 15lbs cost $26/lb after the HAMAT charge. Ordered from Buffalo Arms. I believe Powder Inc has better pricing. Track of the Wolf also has powder.

Have you tried PowderInc. Gordon W. Jenks, Maine Powder House, Backcreek Gunshop and Jack's Powder Keg ? They may be able to help and some outfits allow 5 pounds as minimum order. Some allow mixing brands within a shipment. Goex, Swiss, Shutzen, etc. Give it a spin

Latest posts

Back