Accura 209 or Accura V2

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkM

Reaction score
Been looking at getting a new gun to replace my old Knight Bighorn. I really like the looks of the Accura and it seems like a lot easier to clean than my old Knight.. I have seen some great deals on the Accura 209 as I guess it is going to be replaced with the Accura V2. Is there that much differance between the Accura 209 and the new V2? Is the differences worth paying the extra money for the V2?

Mark

i really like the QR BP the V2 comes with. The rubber in the stock IMO wont do much of anything other than offer a little better grip on the rifle. The stock is soft touch so again, that will add more grip and cut down the shine on the stock. Its really up to you to handle them and see which one you like the best. The Optima has the QR BP also and is only $250 at cabelas, may want to check that out also.

my regular 209 accura,
000_0466.jpg

I too would wait and see what the new optima will be. Stainless barrel with the QR plug for $250. The thumbhole version even comes with a scope mount with integral rings for afew $ more.

I guess it would depend on your budget. I bought the SS Accura 209 from Cabelas for $289.00. Heck of a deal. I have a Triumph also with the Speedbreech. Although the Speedbreech is very nice it is not a neccessity for me. I dont regret buying the Accura 209 at all.

At least waiting to see and feel a new Optima might be prudent. Actually both new versions.

I like them both in pictures and the QRB doesnt really mean that much to me either. If the new stock is similar to the Traditions "soft touch" that would be really cool TO ME.

The new Accura looks awesome though. I really like the lines of the gun, it just flows together...for lack of a better term.

Now they just need to offer a 54cal Wolf brush gun with a Bergara barrel. :yeah:

Oh and offer ML shotgun barrels for all of them. :lol:

I will have to check out the new Optima 209. Does it also have the Bergera Bbarrel like the Accura? On the Accura is the new breach plug on the V2 that much of an improvement other than it can be removed by hand?

Mark

MarkM said:
I will have to check out the new Optima 209. Does it also have the Bergera Barrel like the Accura? On the Accura is the new breach plug on the V2 that much of an improvement other than it can be removed by hand?

Mark

Yes it has the Bergara barrel according to the info ive seen.

:x :evil: :twisted:

The new Optima comes with a fluted stainless steel barrel made of 416 grade steel. It has the QRBP.
The new ACCURA V2 has the Bergera barrel and the QRBP :!: :!: :!:
Seen a 3 min. video done by CHAD SCHEARER, who shoots CVA ML'ers on his hunting show. He showed the optima and demoed the breech plug removal and rings for a scope. He stated that no tool is given with rifle because you don't need one. :!:
I just went to that video and watched a few more times and I didn't hear anything about a bergera barrels. I then read a few replies to the post and one member of that forum said he called CVA and they told him that bergera barrels weren't on the new optima. Maybe we can get FrontierGander to post that video here. I'll send him a PM.

Must be a misprint then because CVA's website just says 416 stainless. No mention of Bergara on the new Optima.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0076827

CVA Optima 209 Thumbhole .50-Caliber Rifle with Scope and Kit
All the features and specifications of the standard Optima but with a thumbhole stock. The thumbhole stock is ergonomically designed exclusively for scope shooters, DuraSight? Integral Scope Mounts are included. Drilled and tapped for fiber-optic sights (not included). CVA completely redesigned the Optima? ? keeping all of the best features of the original and then adding or improving a lot more. In fact, you'll find features on the new Optima that are only found on other manufacturers most expensive guns. CVA's new Optima QR Breech Plug System ? the only breech plug on the market today that can be removed without tools. All Optima rifles feature accuracy guaranteed, fluted, Bergara Barrels? made of 416-grade stainless steel

:?:

I noticed that my Optima has only one ram rod thimble (I hope thats the right term) and the new one has 2.
Or maybe I just have a carbine version of the Optima.

no you are correct sax. the original optima only had one RR thimble. I forget which it is but either the new optima or the v2 accura has something on the thimbles to keep it from scratching up the ramrod like they normally do.

I hate to say it but does it really matter if it is a Bergarra? I haven't heard to many complaints about the guns without the barrels shooting bad.

dalberg said:
I hate to say it but does it really matter if it is a Bergarra? I haven't heard to many complaints about the guns without the barrels shooting bad.

true but the bergara is nice! i plan on getting one of these optimas. Some here have already ordered one so hopefully they can let us know what the inside of the bore looks like.

frontier gander said:
okay i figured it was a bergara but it looks like it is not, the name along would drive the cost of the optima up so they most likely didnt go with it. I can call cva and see what the deal is and who makes it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UbA_Y0aPjo

The best close ups ive seen appear to be Bergara but i cant see any logos on just the right side. Cabelas even has 2 slightly different descriptions.

Maybe BPI bought the same 416SS barrel stock and machinery and made them in another plant.?

Kinda of funny in a way...i thought i saw a post or letter from a CVA rep that claimed the Kodiak had a Bergara barrel too but ive never seen a logo on one.....even a newer one.

You have to unscrew the new QR breechplug. Cant sees that it is any different from the old one. You may just have to use the tool to break the old style plug but from there it unscrews just like the new QR plug. There may be a difference in blowback. The TC Speedbreech is just a quarter turn removal.

That was a good video.
It wouldn't matter to me if the bbl were Bergara or not.I'll bet ya I shoot the same with either.

I like the Optima but want to see a vidoe of the Accura V2

I still like them both too.

My Win Apex 50 shoots well but is a bit more finicky about loads with the standard BPI stainless barrel. I wish it was a 45 just so i could do a good comparison.

Okay got an email from Dudley this morning. Heres what he has to say about the Optima/Wolf and the Scout barrels:

" As for the Optima barrel, they are indeed made in the same facility as Bergara Barrels. However, they do not go through as extensive a honing process as do the barrels that are branded as Bergara. This honing process is what eliminates any variation in bore diameter, and it is time consuming and expensive to perform."

So basically they are bergara barrels, they just dont go through the expensive processing that the true bergaras go through. That explains why the prices are so affordable on the new optimas,wolf and scout.

Latest posts

Back