Hunter's Moon

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cayuga

In Remembrance
Reaction score
Living where I do, in a place with no street lights and snow on the ground, I often get to experience what we call a hunter's moon or poacher's moon. Its called that because the locals always laugh that this is the time of night to go deer hunting.

cameradrop002.jpg

I took my Nikon outside, set it on my porch rail, told it no flash, and just told it to take a picture. This is looking across my front yard at a wood pile. The wood pile is about 20 yards away. But as you can see, by just moon light, one could take a walk. Even the trees have shadows tonight.

I just thought some of you might like to see this. Last night it was lighter out, but it was also -20? below (the neighbor down in the river bottom had -28?) but no wind. Tonight it's much warmer it is only -7? below but they said we are headed to -14? so it will be a little crisp in the morning.

I dont get to see that much where i am at. Iv got a buddy that will not hunt the next morning if the moon has been out all night. He says the deer have been up all night at the local bars (redlight district).
When i retire im gonna move out thier where your at cayuga :lol: you have it so nice out thier.

It was warm last night.. we only hit -17? below. But its almost at zero already and it's 9:55 am.

Friends and I once drove (he drove his logging truck) through the woods on such a night. And it was like a different world out there. Trees had shadows, you could see detail in the hills, but never saw a critter. Of course it was about -20 below that night.

Latest posts

Back