Lehigh DISC NFPJ Conversion & A COLD Day!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lane

Supporter
Supporting member
Reaction score
Well I got my Prototype test plug from Lehigh-Via Grouse/Tom!

I screwed in the New NFPJ Plug naked and Tight...No grease or teflon tape...Nadda. (After the test, it came out easy with no signs of gas cutting or blow-by in the threads!!!)

First thing, I ran 15 primers thru it in my 45cal Disc Elite, out in my garage NO Blowback at all. Left it dirty. So on to the field testing.....

Here in Omaha we have had a couple blizzards roll thru, and come to find out, all my ranges were still snowed in :? :wall:

So I had to improvise and settle for some chrono readings minus the targets . So here are the start-up stats:

45cal Disc Elite, shooting 27 loads of BH209.
Temp was a chilly 15deg and sunny.
27 Loads were BH 209 at 100gV=70gW, and 130gV=90gW. (27 Shots Fired Total + the 15 primers)
Primers used: CCI Standard, Fed209A, and Winchester.
Bullets: 45/40 195g MZ FB(Barnes) and 180g Berrys Bullets
Sabots: MMP Tan/Cream and Harvester Smooth Blue

The 100g loads ejected all three primers well, with only the CCI's being a little sticky to get out. There was Zero blow back, and no scope burn. :D

On the 130g loads, the CCI's all needed the bolt to be disassembled to remove. The Federals had to rattle the bolt a little to eject. But the Winchesters all ejected/dropped out easily!! And no blow back at all! Look at the sides of the Win primers....No Soot or black spots!!

You can see the plug below...Looks almost clean on the outside 8)

No hangfires or failures to fire! Instant ignition to the very end!

Now I hope these pics tell most of the story, and these are not "SabotLoader Super Quality Pics", but I hope to be as good some day.... :wink:

1247.JPG

2159.JPG

3134.JPG

498.JPG

665.JPG

594.JPG

752.JPG

841.JPG

930.JPG

1050.JPG

11106.JPG

1246.JPG

1330.JPG

1528.JPG

1623.JPG

1722.JPG

After talking to Tom, he says Lehigh-Dave is now making the finishing touches to this plug, and will enlarge the Inside Diameter of the Primer Pocket a smidgen, and these will be ready for sale. Word on the street says about 30 bucks and 5 dollars shipping
:D 8) :applause: :yeah:

$30 and $5 shipping?

Im in and a pack of liners!!!!!!!

Is there a happy dance emote??? :lol:

BTW i get the same results with the Win209s in all mine...very clean and seldom a problem to remove....Oh and what fps did you get with the Berry's? I use those with the Harvester and Hornady sabots.

my .45 super-disc has been treating me well lately so now i know what gift to give her :lol:

Got any Pics of the liner's via them self's?
How hard are they to to remove after it has been shot a bunch?

Thanks lane,i guess i got to go now and get me a Extreme Bolt so i can have one of these,lol
PS; Got any idea how much the vent liner's them selfs are going to go for?
lane said:
SwampFox said:
Got any Pics of the liner's via them self's?
How hard are they to to remove after it has been shot a bunch?

http://lehighbullets.com/proddetail.asp?prod=400%2D201

They are not difficult to remove, and mine came with anti-sieze compound in the threads. i really like this set-up! 8)

400-201.jpg

To bad about the bad weather. My in-laws live in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area. I got snowed in one day while up there for Iowa's late muzzleloader season. In case your wondering it was 70 degrees and sunny at my gun range yesterday :D

I said thanks Busta,but for some unknown reason,it is not being posted :?
Well,.until this time
Busta said:
SF,

They are $20 for 4 of them to your mailbox.
:D :)

txhunter58
In all honesty I do not think we know, even with the 140 gr BH loads I use and Tom was running some heavy loads to, I do not know of anyone replaceing one yet. Since they are especally heatreated and much tougher than a reguler BP we may not fined out for a couple of years more.

Looks like a winner Lane ! Thanks for the info. Gotta get one.

I shoot the 195 Barnes with between 90-100grs of BH209 out of my .45 Elite. Any idea of the velocity of that load ? (I don't have a chrono).

Thanks... Rob

rt_con said:
Looks like a winner Lane ! Thanks for the info. Gotta get one.

I shoot the 195 Barnes with between 90-100grs of BH209 out of my .45 Elite. Any idea of the velocity of that load ? (I don't have a chrono).

Thanks... Rob

Yup, thats 1950-2100fps :wink:

Hey guys,

I've re-measured the plug's Primer Pocket Inside Diameter...The Correct Way :oops: , and discovered that it is actually kind of Tapered. :wink: I edited the post above, and here it is again....

jsteurrys said:
Lane,

What is the diameter of the primer pocket?

My plug seems to be tapered, starts at .241---down to .2395 inches

lane said:
Hey guys,

I've re-measured the plug's Primer Pocket Inside Diameter...The Correct Way :oops: , and discovered that it is actually kind of Tapered. :wink: I edited the post above, and here it is again....

jsteurrys said:
Lane,

What is the diameter of the primer pocket?

My plug seems to be tapered, starts at .141---down to .1395 inches

Lane,

Are you sure you don't mean .241" down to .2395"? :wink:

Back