What to shoot? Help me decide!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big6x6

Reaction score
The way things are going it looks as if I MAY get to go to the range TOMORROW! :lol: I have a few rifles that I have NEVER shot and I am going to put an end to that hopefully tomorrow morning. Here's what needs shooting:

1. T/C .50cal Hawken flintlock- new, never been shot
2. T/C New Englander .50cal(new to me). This is New Englander #2 and I got it with a 12ga barrel!
3. T/C Renegade .54cal- new to me
4. Lyman .54cal Great Plains Rifle .54 cal flintlock- new to me
5. Traditions .50cal Kentucky Rifle- new, never shot

Now I'm going to take a couple of them to the range tomorrow but I can't decide which to take. Which ones you think I should take?

which

New Engalnder, these are not sexy guns like the hawkins and such but seem pretty stable and can be chaged around.

1-4-5 would be my choice. The 12 gauge for instance is something that takes time and working a load, so save the New Englander for a day of his own. Renegades are easy to tune, fun to shoot, but easy to tune. So I would do that one on a fun day.

Flintlocks are a lot of fun, spend a day with them since you have all your gear with you like the flints, primers powders, etc..

Actually it sounds like a wonderful day at the range to me..!!!

If you take one of the flintlocks that's all you're going to shoot anyway, so you may as well save yourself the trouble of packing along the other guns and just go with the Great Plains. :lol:

That does sound like an interesting day at the range.
I'm with Dave...so shoot those...at least the Lyman.

Chuck, I've noticed you've been working too hard...You really need to relax!
So, I hope you have a great day!

Bout' time we get another range report.... :wink: 8)

Now I'm going to take a couple of them to the range tomorrow but I can't decide which to take. Which ones you think I should take?[/quote]

Take the TC and GP flinters and tell us the results :)

Back