ML scope for inline? 50 mm?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJ98

Reaction score
Im a ML rookie. Do I have to use a ML scope, like the Leupold Ultimate Slam or Nikons ML scope, for a CVA Acurra? Or can I use a regular rifle scope in 50 mm obj.. Was wondering why I never see 50 mm on MLs. Usually see 40mm or below. All my rifles have 50mm or 56 mm and I am just used to that size. Look forward to learning alot on here. Thanks.

You can use any rifle/shotgun/muzzleloader scope you can get mounted. Just remember you want plenty of eye relief, if you don't it will remind you the first time you shoot it. I like around 4" of ER, anything over 3.5" or so should work fine. Also remember most 50mm scopes on 9-10 power will give you much less ER, than what they publish at 3 power.

:D :D :D
Welcome to the forum RJ98 :!: :!: :!: I use a nikon 2x7x32. Great scope and it did'nt cost that much either. It's the pro staff series. Good luck :!: :!:

Thanks. Eager to get it all together. I was just curious why nobody uses the big scopes.

I have a leupold 3x9x40 vx2 on one of my knights. Zero problems with it and it gives me the confidence to take shots out to 200 yds. It lets in enough light to use during legal hunting hours. I like scopes with the heavy duplex for low light.

+1 for the Heavy Duplex in low light conditions. I use 40mm scopes on my night hunting predator rigs. I like the looks of the 40mm scope better also.

There is an Ultimate Slam For Sale in the Classifieds. The price is good IMO.

jsteurrys said:
There is an Ultimate Slam For Sale in the Classifieds. The price is good IMO.

I agree, especially since Leupold has a lifetime warranty, no matter who owns it or how many times it has changed hands. Hard to beat a warranty like that! My future grandkids will be using mine, and if they have a problem with it, they can have it covered under warranty.

ok you guys convinced me. I'm going with the Ultimate Slam. Now I'll just keep my eye out for a good deal on it.

Latest posts

Back