Harvester Light Blue .50 x .475 sabots?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Busta

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Light Blue Harvester .50 x .475 sabots? If so, could you also tell us which rifle, powder, bullet, and primer you used them with, and results?

Thanks!

Busta said:
Has anyone tried the Light Blue Harvester .50 x .475 sabots? If so, could you also tell us which rifle, powder, bullet, and primer you used them with, and results?

Thanks!
We have to wait for them to be invented.. :lol:

Im being a smart arse as usual. Didnt see them on the harv. site.also not in my JSC catalog...what have you heard? There are not a lot of bullets avail. for that dia... possibly a few from Hornady??

squirrelhawker said:
Busta said:

Thanks!
We have to wait for them to be invented.. :lol:

Im being a smart arse as usual. Didnt see them on the harv. site.also not in my JSC catalog...what have you heard? There are not a lot of bullets avail. for that dia... possibly a few from Hornady??

They are on the pegs at one of my favorite Candy Stores. I just never heard anything about them. They might have been discontinued by Harvester due to lack of interest. I really don't know how long they have been there for sure. I always thought they were the .45/.40's, until I read the package the other day. I didn't take a close look at the actual sabot (should have), but that is what was printed on the package.

Next time I go there I'll look more closely, could be .45/.40's in the wrong package? I KNOW it said .50 caliber rifle on the left bunny ear, and .475 caliber bullet on the right bunny ear of the package. There must have been 10 to 12 packages on two pegs, they all had the same printing on them. I did think it was strange that they were the same light blue color as the .45/.40's, now I wish I had looked closer at the sabot inside the package.

And NO, I'm not going crazy, that happened a long time ago! :lol:

Wow... Busta.... thats something else. those things must have passed me by back then...never saw em!! :lol:

Back