NULA BREECH PLUG SYSTEM?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CORVAIR

Reaction score
There are quite a few NULA owners here on this site and I have some specific questions I hope one or more of you can answer.

We all know how Savage has designed their breechplug with it's removeable vent liner. It is a maintenance oriented system that requires regular cleaning to keep things accurate. My question about the NULA is how is it's breechplug designed? Does it have a hardened drill bushing like the custom Savage plugs RB assembles or just a drilled hole with limited shooting lifespan?

Pictures would be awesome if someone could post them.The feedback I get will determine my direction on a new 45cal muzzleloader.Thanks to all for your feedback. :D :D

p.s. What is the price for a replacement breechplug?

No ventliner to replace. As you said...just a breechplug with a hole in it. Yeah..I'm sure the breechplug DOES have a lifespan as I'm sure the hole WILL erode. I'm still on my original plug in my first NULA.

I have no idea how much a replacement breechplug would be. I got an extra with my last NULA just in case...

2005rangepics%20159.jpg

2005rangepics%20161.jpg

2005rangepics%20162.jpg

Chuck,

Thanks so much for the speedy reply!! Exactly what I wanted to see. :D

How many rounds are through your NULA?

Thanks again, Jack

Jack, I have close to 100 shots with mine and show no sign of wear what so ever...

Thanks Patrick! I think as soon as I get my company bonus, an order for a Nula might be on the way. Should be ready to order around March 1.

p.s. I want to go shoot wit ya, but my daughter is due to have her baby soon.Kind of leaving my weekends open for now. What about a day or 1/2 day during the week?

nula breech plug system

I asked melvin when I ordered my 45 cal. how many shots one could expect from the 50 cal. I presently own.(approx. 800 on my 50 cal. with no visible wear) He told me that a major bullet manufactuer had many thousands of shots on the same breech plug. He stated in all likelyhood I probably not wear out this breech plug at the rate I am shooting this muzzleloader.

Chuck,

Would you identify the two breechplugs in the photos, please and thank you!

jim

Latest posts

Back