New member from Colorado

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firedawg

Reaction score
My name is Bill and I am a USAF Firefighter stationed in Colorado Springs. Last year was my first year muzzle load hunting, all I drew was a Cow Elk tag and as luck would have it I saw the two biggest 5X5 Muley's I have ever seen! I am hoping to get a Bull tag this year and bugle in some bulls with my 14 year old son. I have a Knight Revolution 50 cal, and am going to be trying out power belt bullets this year. I hope to learn alot off this site!

Bill, Welcome to the forum. There is a bunch of great guy's here and a wealth of information to be found.

Firedawg,

Welcome to the forum!

I hunt Colorado as a non-resident, and I would like to see the state change its ML regulations. In particular to allow sabots. These bullets out-perform the patched round balls that they do allow, and reduce game wounding.

I have talked to Commission reps, but they don't feel they have to pay attention to non-residents.

Will you please write them (email works too), and ask for a better bullet for your muzzleloader hunting?

thanks...jim

Power belts are the only thing close to a sabot that are legal here. I wish they would change it up too. I know a friend of mine and his club wrote some letters, but to no avail!

Maybe if the Commission has a meeting in the Springs you folks could attend and make your point.

Another option is to shoot the "No Excuses" 460 grain lead conical. I expect I will be using that bullet this year.

jim

Welcome Bill
I go to Co. Ml hunting every year, I truly like the way they run there seasons hope they don't change.
You need a White for them elk
Redclub

In CO. I hunt unit62, 34, 24,61 and 76.
24,61 and 76 you need quite a few points to draw a tag,so for ML season its 34 and 62 I have never hunter 23 or 12 but those sound quite good.
Redclub

I am muzzleload hunting unit 511 and gun hunting in unit 80, I can't wait to hunt elk with my smoke stick!

Latest posts

Back