Pro hunter or Triumph?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cerec_cat

Reaction score
Considering buying another ML, I currently have the encore. i was set to upgrade to the pro, just saw the video on the triumph. What do you guys think?

Pro Hunter or ??

I am biased towards the pro hunter, it is pricey, but many shooter friendly
features to ignore.

T/C is introducing the "Triumpth" to position the new rifle at a price level
below their existing "OMEGA" to eliminate competition from the imported
muzzleloaders such as Traditions,CVA, Remington Genisis etc.

The new muzzleloader buyer will have a T/C product for under $400.00 and likely the street price will be closer to $350.00 and it also can be purchased mail order. The slogan will be "heck I can buy a T/C for that price" and get more features.

Either rifle will do what you need it to do, there will be no difference in barrel quality. T/C makes all the barrels the same way.

There is a $400.00 price tag difference here in your decision. the weight of your decision will be the versatility you may desire in the barrel
swapping options.

As a example I now have a pro hunter ML, an extra pro hunter frame and a pro hunter barrel in .204 and 25-06. The pro hunter system is working for me.

Greg

I totally agree with everything choc-dogs says. I have an Encore that I like but I love my Encore Pro-Hunter. I have a friend with an Omega but he likes my Pro-Hunter better the times he has shot it. He just didn't think he could afford the Pro-Hunter, but his likes the looks of the Triumph with the break open action like an Encore and the new breach. If price is a factor and you don't have a desire to switch barrels then the Triumph might be a better value. I may someday put a centerfire barrel on my Pro-Hunter so that was the route I decide to go.

Curtis

Latest posts

Back