Encore Pro hunter help!!!

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac339

Reaction score
Was shooting my prohunter at the range the last three weeks and it won't pattern like it was last two years. I have a nikon omega mounted on this also.

I am shooting 2 pellet triple 7, 250 grain hornady SST/MLs. I swap 2 patches wet, 1 dry, 1 seasoning patch between each shot. using sand bags front and back.

I was shooting 1" or so groups at 100 yards. ~3" groups at 200 yards.

The gun is now shooting several shots on top of each other, than the next couple will be same height 3" to the right at 100 yds. At 200 yds it wasn't making it on the paper which is unacceptable. I have followed the same process for three years and it worked great till now. Bought new powder, using fairly new remington klean bore primers. The only difference was I bought new 250 grain sst/mls online- could it be a sabot issue?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Were the new SST's the new flex tip? If so then the sabots have been changed also. Get some MMP HPH 12 sabots and give that a try It will tighten up the loading pressure.

DC

could be as the above post suggests.

also, I would not suggest seasoning between shots. when I was still shooting 777 I would run 1 wet patch twice (flip it over and run again) and 2 dry patches. no need at all to have the bore butter in the barrel when shooting. dont know if this has ANYTHING to do with your current accuracy issues, but it might save you a few pennies

thanks to all for their help. yes they were the new ssts. I used them up trying to dial them in.

went to some spit fire tmz 290 grains. flying decent enough at 8" group at 200 yds. 3-4" groups at 100 and on top of each other at 50yds.

the bore seasoning never hurt things the previous two years till the sabot/flex tech change.

not what it was grouping before but enough for this season. next spring black horn 209, experiment with powder 90-120 grains, and some 240 grain spit fire tez/tmz and other sabot/bullets

good luck this season.

This is funny that you are having this same problem. I have a Tc encore. I have had it for over ten years and I have always been impressed with how it shot(under a 1.5 inch group at 100) Then this year I went to shoot it and its best was a 6 inch group. I tried a few different things but nothing works. I live about 10 miles from TC so I brought it back and they shot it and said that it shot great with Pyrodex(great to them was 2.5 inches) but they couldnt get it to shoot with 777. I brought it to the range a shot it with Pyrodex and couldnt get any better than a 3 inch group. That is not good enough for me. I have my fathers encore that I have set up and I was shooting sub 1 inch groups right next to it. I just ordered a SMI .50 for it. I will let you know how it works out for me.

Ryan

This is funny that you are having this same problem. I have a Tc encore. I have had it for over ten years and I have always been impressed with how it shot(under a 1.5 inch group at 100) Then this year I went to shoot it and its best was a 6 inch group. I tried a few different things but nothing works. I live about 10 miles from TC so I brought it back and they shot it and said that it shot great with Pyrodex(great to them was 2.5 inches) but they couldnt get it to shoot with 777. I brought it to the range a shot it with Pyrodex and couldnt get any better than a 3 inch group. That is not good enough for me. I have my fathers encore that I have set up and I was shooting sub 1 inch groups right next to it. I just ordered a SMI .50 for it. I will let you know how it works out for me.

Ryan

Pro probs

Seasoning, never used and you are the first Pro shooter I have heard that iuses it.
Changed bullets might throw you, loose scope and/or mounts, how about the way you packed the gun consistent pressures? You or the gun have changed something that changes as drastically as that. 1-1.5" at 100 yards is acceptable w/ the Pro, not what you are getting. I would go over that gun all the way to screws, mounts etc. and see what is changed for you.

Latest posts

Back