KP1 Range Report

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spit,

The square and quad don't come in metric sizes or in 1/4" OD that are any thinner than 1/16". I couldn't find any round 1/4" OD o-rings that were 1/32" thick, but I did find one metric o-ring that is 6.5mm (.256") OD that has a 4.5mm (.177") ID and is 1mm (.0395") thick that might work. $2.85 for 100 pcs.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9262k611/=2aj7nq

Thanks Busta...
I just placed an order for some.(the metric ones) Looks like they might be worth a try.

pm me your address and I'll drop you a few to try.

I already have UC's address...

Spitpatch said:
Thanks Busta...
I just placed an order for some.(the metric ones) Looks like they might be worth a try.

pm me your address and I'll drop you a few to try.

I already have UC's address...

I just ordered 700 o-rings this morning, I have 100 quads, 100 square, and 500 round ones of various colors and materials coming. I even have 100 of those metric ones coming too.

Some were only $1.87 per 100, all the way up to $10+ for 100. I didn't order any of them really expensive ones. So basically from 2 cents a piece up to about 11 cents a peice for them, or and average of 6-7 cents a piece.

Thanks for the offer. Once I get this all figured out, I'll let you know what might work in an unmodified Disc plug. :roll: :lol:

I really want to try those quads and squares in my modified Knight NFPJ plug. I can get 40+ shots out of the cheap round ones, so I guess I can afford to spend an extra 2-11 cents for a range session of blowback free shooting.

When I was experimenting with the o-ring thickness, It wouldn't lock up, so I tried too much pressure and snapped the firing pin. :twisted:

Luckily I had a spare.....

Also, I shot a lot yesterday, and all loads/ combinations with BH209 hang fired!
That is so strange...as the previous range trip had no hangs.

I know what you're thinking...but no matter how well i clean the plug it still hangs. It's like a new plug is only good for about 10 shots.

I'M DONE! NO more BH209 for THIS gun....

After shooting 3 different combos with both BH209 and 777 ffg, I like the 777 better. Yesterday 777 had better groups... BH might have done great had it not been for all the hang fires.

Here is a pic of the targets...BH on the left ...777 on the right
250 XTP
245 BSF
250 FTX

My graphics are hard to read so I apologize for that.

Until my o rings come and the blow back is resolved it is a 777 gun.
The blow back went everywhere! It took me an hour to clean it. Carburetor cleaner, air, brushes, towels, patches, implements to scrape HEAVY carbon deposits that were so heavy the action wouldn't lock up.

777 will clean up with Windex and no carbon build up... think.
Going to the range of my Bro-in-law Rod. I will use 777 and report.

KP1target6-13-09.jpg

KP1.jpg

Here is a pic of the gun with the ML barrel
BTW the 45-70 barrel shot great!!!

Look real hard inside that primer pocket opening. Does the magnet appear to have two or three sections?

You are encountering frustrations that sound very familiar. :( So try an Accura. :wink:

UC

Flint Head has got an Accura for sale in the classified - seems like a really reasonable price! but, I am not an Accura fan so I really do not know...

Back