How many GMB54s?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GM54-120

Administrator
Staff member
ADMIN
Global Moderator
Supporting member
Reaction score
I guess this is kind of a roll call since im curious how many were sold of the 500. Ive seen a member with 20ish. I could ask GM but this might be more interesting. :D

Anyone have over number 40 50 60 ect?

Mine is #39 in stainless, so its looking like they fell very short of selling all 250 of each version. I got mine in late January but havent shot it a whole lot.

Ive got a black Extreme thumbhole stock on mine now and will probably take it out this weekend. Im putting on some good steel bases and QR rings now and getting ready to bore sight it.

Just trying to decide if im going to get a new scope or take one off of my other Discs with the same rings and bases.

Edit
Grrrr the range i prefer is closed till next weekend and the range at Bushs Wildlife is packed with an hour wait.

And its all ready to go. :(
GBM54-120-2.jpg

GBM54-120-1-1.jpg

Just wanted to resurrect this post to see if anyone else would chime in. Are they really that rare? It sometimes makes me feel like I shouldn't be using it. Of all my rifles this is the one I wouldn't sell.

Also, anybody have the 32 cal inline? I'm looking to get my hands on one of them also.

I did talk to Green Mountain. I couldn't get an exact sales number but he did tell me that employees got the leftovers. I know of two more owners that haven't posted on this thread.

They are rare but it shoots too good to make it a safe queen.

I recall when GM was selling them from their website at a ridiculous (two something $$?) price. Was close to picking one up and am kicking myself for waiting too long.

I believe the stainless with laminated stock was $424 shipped. Mine is in a dipped TH stock and has the Lehigh NFPJ breech plug. It does not get shot much anymore but it's on the do not sell list. :D Definitely a bargain that not enough people took advantage of, IMO.
brush068.jpg

By the time I was ready to buy the .32 they were discontinued.

mine is #7.kinda been curious myself how many are actually out there floating around.we may be in a very elite group of gun owners!

I'm just curious as to why the two of you swapped out the stock? For me the stock it came with is great for a quick shot in the swamp. It comes up quick and I like the balance.

Nothing wrong with the laminated stock. I just prefer thumbhole stocks.

I just wanted to keep the original laminate stock in mint condition. Now ive grown to really like it with the TH stock.

Ya as much as I hate to admit it I have shot mine very,very little.still tryin to figure out what kinda load I should use in it.

jakesdad said:
Ya as much as I hate to admit it I have shot mine very,very little.still tryin to figure out what kinda load I should use in it.

Thats easy, whichever 50cal from 300-335gr in a MMP 54x50 sabot you want to shoot. :D Remington makes a 50-385gr CLHP if you like pain. :lol:

Or you can try the Barnes .458 300gr SOCOM in the Harvester 54x45 sabot if you want a little more range.

GM54-120 said:
jakesdad said:

Thats easy, whichever 50cal from 300-335gr in a MMP 54x50 sabot you want to shoot. :D Remington makes a 50-385gr CLHP if you like pain. :lol:

Or you can try the Barnes .458 300gr SOCOM in the Harvester 54x45 sabot if you want a little more range.

Actually, I would say if they aren't shooting them guns they need to put them up for sale. :lol: :wink:

I just got some No Excuses conicals for mine. These are the 535 gr conicals. I went to the range to see how they'd do. Started out at 80 grs Pyrodex but didn't find the sweet spot till I hit 100 grs. Inside 2 inches at 100 yards.

I bought mine for conicals. I have 2 Omegas for sabots. I'm afraid to see what this load would do to a deer. Normally I use Maxiballs and 80 grs Pyrodex. This is pretty potent at the 50 yd range I usually shoot deer.

Reno48 said:
I just got some No Excuses conicals for mine. These are the 535 gr conicals. I went to the range to see how they'd do. Started out at 80 grs Pyrodex but didn't find the sweet spot till I hit 100 grs. Inside 2 inches at 100 yards.

I bought mine for conicals. I have 2 Omegas for sabots. I'm afraid to see what this load would do to a deer. Normally I use Maxiballs and 80 grs Pyrodex. This is pretty potent at the 50 yd range I usually shoot deer.

hate to ask, but what the recoil was like??

I had thought about conicals in mine at one time too.

Actually recoil was not as bad as expected. I shot off just a front rest and wasn't using any padding, all I was wearing was a sweat shirt. The 54-120 has an excellent recoil pad.

I don't think it was much worse than my TC X7 with 100 grs and a 300 gr XTP.

Latest posts

Back