Durasight Z-2 2pc rings and bases?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnpb

Reaction score
I received my Accura from Cabelas today and I had ordered a set of Durasight Z-2 Alloy 2pc base and medium rings. Has anyone else used these on a muzzleloader? They seem like they might be easily knocked off by recoil. I put a set of TC Gorilla Mounts on my Kodiak and they, for the price, are stronger looking to me. Does anybody know who might sell the Gorilla Mounts?

Thompson Center sells the Gorilla mounts I believe.

I have both. I have the one piece Dura-Sight on my Accura. I have the Gorilla base and rings on my Triumph. I like the one piece Dura-sight much better than the two piece. I have had no problems with either one. Wal-Mart usually carries the Gorillas. I got both the base and low rings for $20.00. Probaly just a seasonal product for Wal-Mart. I dont really like the look and feel of the Gorillas. Mine are a two piece base, but I killed some deer last year with them on my Triumph and Nikon Buckmaster and they have been perfect so far.

Yea the Gorilla mounts don't look all that great but they seem to be strong and you can take your scope off and not lose zero. I'm wondering about the 2pc Durasight though, has anyone used them on a muzzleloader. I hate to put them on and have to change them if they fail.

I've been using the Gorilla mounts for a while and they seem to be fine.
I have a one piece durasight mount on my Accura and it seems solid.

My son uses the two piece DuraSights (integral base and rings) on his Triumph. No problems so far. They seemed to line up good when I installed them.

I went ahead and mounted the 2pc Durasight bases and rings along with a Leupold Rifleman 3X9X40. I'm getting impatient wanting to light this new Accura up. The bases seemed to be good quality but the rings seemed questionable. I didn't like the way they "squeezed" the bases.

Hi Johnpb - I used Durasights 2-piece integral rings and bases on my Accura to mount a Bushnell 3-9x40. Sighted in everything last weekend and had no problem dialing in a 1" group at 100 yards. Now I've only shot 10 rounds throught the gun with these sights, so I don't know how they will hold up over the long haul, but no complaints so far.

Greg

I have had the Durasight base and rings on two different Accura's with no problems what so ever... matter of fact I really like them. The Warne's are great no doubt, but the Durasight set up is pretty darn nice for the money!

Back