I LOVE MY NEW OMEGA

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemiller

Reaction score
I just took my new Omega out to sight it in. wow I was shooting 100 gr bh209 putting 200gr hornady ftx in crush rib sabots. My last three shots were in 11/2" at 100 yards. This is the black/black mz. The kick is not as sivere as some I have shot and it just feels good. From what I see with the little I have shot the rifle loves 100gr. I shot 777, pyrodex. and 209. As soon as I started to move away from 100 gr the group would open up. I am a devoted CVA shooter that has found a new favorite rife :D :D

Good deal! Congrats! Mine really likes 100 gr. also, at least before I changed the breech plug and then my groups opened a little.

Congrats... :lol: You are now a TC freak. :lol: Just feels good to shoot an American made smokepole, especially on Veterans day.

stevemiller said:
I just took my new Omega out to sight it in. wow I was shooting 100 gr bh209 putting 200gr hornady ftx in crush rib sabots. My last three shots were in 11/2" at 100 yards. This is the black/black mz. The kick is not as sivere as some I have shot and it just feels good. From what I see with the little I have shot the rifle loves 100gr. I shot 777, pyrodex. and 209. As soon as I started to move away from 100 gr the group would open up. I am a devoted CVA shooter that has found a new favorite rife :D :D

I just love that gun , my next one will be a SS omega if they still make them . ???

Cajun said:
Good deal! Congrats! Mine really likes 100 gr. also, at least before I changed the breech plug and then my groups opened a little.

I sure hope you can get that worked out , nothing more frustrating than a gun that will not group . Mine was would stop grouping when my stocks came loose . They would go from one hole group to 3'' + . :shock: :shock: I had to do a lot of work on my forearm and butt stock on my encore to keep them from coming loose .

Latest posts

Back