Hulloooo!!!! Anybody home?

Modern Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Modern Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mountain Man

Reaction score
I've been too busy turkey hunting to make to the range, but surely somebody round here as burned some nitro recently! :twisted: Come on, tell us about!

I am going to pick up my SMI in the morning after I get off work. IF I have a chace to get to the range with it in the next few days I will post a report, but with turkey season in I doubt that I'll make it to the range until after/if I bag a bird.

My 10 ML 1 has been loaded since Nov. and lately I have been putting it in the deep freeze while I am at work. I want to see how going from below 0 to room temp several times effects the load I used since so many people were worried about that back when we needed these rifles to perform in extreme conditions. My bet is that it will still be dead on after beind loaded these months, and going thru this, but I could be wrong.

None here since Crossville.. :cry: I am going to do all I can to go shooting Sunday though....

I hope to get out this weekend too! Yardwork has kept me pretty busy! :cry:

Since I have filled my spring turkey tags and I'm still on vacation, I'm going out tomorrow and have a range session with the 10ML-II. :partyman: My plans are to wring out the Barnes 275 gr. XPB's and VVN120. I've been wanting to try out this combo for quite some time now and it looks like Friday is the day. I'm taking the chrono also so I will know how fast those puppies are flying. :D If all goes as planned, I'll post a range report on my findings as soon as I get a chance to.

Not since Crossville either. Been in Chicago and now Phoenix and on Sunday the Indianapolis Moter Speedway opens for business so I'll not get out for the next few weeks for sure. However, when my new SMI is ready I'm sure I'll have to pop a few caps just for the heck of it.

Trying to mow between thunderstorms down here. Haven't had a chance to shoot this week. I hope to shoot some Saturday.

I have been shooting a lot of smoke Setting up my brothers Omega and I got an Ultra-mag, I probably will just sight in my Savage as I have a confident load. 300gr. barnes original over 120 vv 60 grains.
Ken

Too busy turkey hunting and working right now. I did try some crushed rib sabots out of my savage 10ML-II just to test them, when I was at the camp turkey hunting. :)

Hunt 4 Bucks said:
Too busy turkey hunting and working right now. :)

Very same for me! Today was the last day for turkey season here in Arkansas so I plan on getting back to the range next Sunday, that is if I don't make a hot run out to Kansas to turkey hunt the last week there. :wink:

Back